v

Daniel, Cash, and Sean walk through the world of Pandora in silence. The three had just ridden the Flight of Passage attraction and were all feeling slightly light-headed but in the best way possible. All they can do is walk and look and smile.

The floating islands from the Avatar movie hover above their heads and they all look up as they walk under it. They move away and back into the rest of Animal Kingdom, where the trees look real and the birds chirp above them and the sky is a steely grey.

"What time is it?" Sean asks as they walk in no real direction. Daniel is struck by how happy he looks. On any other normal day Sean Sacchetti could be found sitting in the back of the classroom looking bored out of his mind but here he was in Disney World, smiling and laughing and looking like the seventeen-year-old he is, even if he never shows it.

"Shit." Cash is looking at his phone, at the time. "We're really late for lunch."

"How late is really late?" Daniel looks over and reads the time. 12:45. They were supposed to check-in with the chaperones and be done eating at 12:00. "Oh no."

"Run," is all that is said and the three are suddenly sprinting down paths, swerving through families and between strollers in an unspoken race. They look at each other and attempt to pull ahead, running in a mad dash toward the DinoLand section of the park. Cash is grinning at Sean and jumps over a section of rocks in a lame attempt at parkour. Sean raises an eyebrow and follows, smirking. Daniel chases after them and avoids the rocks all together, not wanting to trip.

Trees fly past and the faces of other vacationers are lost to them as they cross into the center section of the park and pass a sign that points to DinoLand. "We're close!" yells Cash, but it's lost to the wind as they continue in the right direction.

Crossing the bridge into the dinosaur-themed section of the park, the three stop, breathing heavily. Cash is chuckling, "How is it that we lost track of time for that long?" Daniel shakes his head but he's smiling too. He pulls a map from his back pocket and unfolds it, scanning it for their meeting place. The spot, a small eatery called Restaurantosaurus, is near the center of the land and he points in the direction.

"We gotta go that way!" And then they're running again.

Soon the destination is in sight, it's brightly colored sign advertising it as a dining establishment. The three stop and walk in, all out of breath.

The inside of Restaurantosaurus is warm and bright and smells of burgers and chicken. Students are sitting throughout (much to their relief) and they eat and talk like it's school lunch. The chaperones sit at their own table, some checking off kids and others eating. The three walk over to the table and get checked in, glad they aren't the last ones.

Akanke, Jess, and Lila are in the corner at their own table, talking and munching on chicken strips. The boys see this and join them, sliding into empty seats and setting down their meals.

"Hey ladies," Cash says, sitting in between Sean and Akanke. "What's going on over here?"

"We were just thinking of some things to do for Truth or Dare later," Jess says between sips of lemonade.

"You don't think of things to do for Truth or Dare, you just ask the question!" Cash says, rather loudly, "It's not like, something you plan out."

Jess rolls her eyes, "Okay then, truth or dare Cash?"

"Dare," he grins.

"Okay..." Jess thinks for a moment. She had been planning ideas for opportunities to play the game for the rest of the trip, not dares or questions. "I dare you to ask out someone who isn't playing the game," she pauses, "but only if you want to. You don't have to use a pass if it's too awkward or something."