xxviii

The Truth or Dare Squad make their way back to the center of the park and stop on the lawn in front of the Cinderella castle that looms behind them like a majestic skyscraper. The sun is starting to down and the lights are starting to turn on, illuminating the street that leads to the entrance to the park, Main Street USA.

The area they've decided on is relatively clear and Akanke leads Lila by the hand to the center of it. She grins at her friends and gives them a thumbs-up, which means Cash can press record on his phone.

"Alright," She says to herself, avoiding the urge to start laughing as she awkwardly places her hands on Lila's shoulders. Her girlfriend is blushing already and her eyes are darting back and forth as she watches everyone around her nervously. "Let's do this."

Akanke speaks up a bit louder so Cash can hear her before putting on a big show for the crowd. "Lila Burleigh, I've known you my whole life," a blatant lie, "and I want to spend the rest of it with you." She dramatically gets on one knee and grins up at Lila, who's staring down at her with wide eyes and pretending to be surprised. She'll play along just to see if she can get Akanke to break character.

"Oh my gosh!" She says with fake enthusiasm, "Akanke what? Really!?!" Lila gasps and watches as people around them gather around, some taking videos for Snapchat or something.

"Will you make me-" Akanke sputters for a second and sucks in a breath, trying not to laugh at the other girl's horrible acting skills, "Will you-" Another pause while she laughs, "Wanna get married?" She brandishes the fake plastic ring and starts full-on chuckling.

Lila can't help but admire the sight of her girlfriend offering her a ring on one knee. She knows this is a high school relationship, so it's pretty much doomed to fail after a month or two, but she has high hopes for the future and thinks, somewhere in the back of her mind, that this could be a reality eventually. Her heart jumps at the thought.

"Heck yeah!" Lila bursts into laughter and pulls her girlfriend off the ground, dragging her into a hug and kissing her on the cheek. Akanke quickly hides the ring as the growing crowd around them applauds, making sure none of them can see that it has Snow White's face on it. Lila kisses her on the cheek quickly and someone cheers.

"Congratulations!" Cash yells as he runs up to them, stopping his video and pulling them both into a hug. It's painfully awkward but he does it to put on a show for the people that are beginning to walk away. "Nice job you two!" He high-fives both girls between chuckles and their other friends stand around them, joining in on the joyous moment.

"Where are we going to celebrate?" Lila jokingly asks and Lavender pokes both girls on the shoulder, making them spin around to look at her.

"Actually, I have an idea that I came up with yesterday. It's a group dare for all of you." This gets everyone's attentions and they all stop their conversation to look at her.

"But you're not even playing the game!" Akanke says, "So that's like cheating or something."

"Okay okay, hear me out," Lavender says and they all crowd closer to hear her. "So my plan was, and this is probably going to sound like a bad idea, to sneak out again." This invokes some murmurs among the friends, who all look at each other in anticipation. The fake-proposal is forgotten in a second. "Like, I was gonna dare you guys to all sneak out and spend the last night somewhere else."

"Wait a second," Daniel says. "I like that idea, but I think we should be able to dare you in return then. Doesn't that sound fair guys?" He looks among the others.

Lavender huffs in indignation before agreeing. "Fine, but nothing sexual, illegal, or embarrassing."

"Damn, that eliminates all the good ones!" Cash yells beside her and she rolls her eyes at him. "But I think we can work with that."