xix

The whole bedroom is in full party mode. Jess is in the bathroom curling her hair and Lavender is attempting to pick out what shoes to wear. Akanke and Lila are alone in the bedroom, but it's because they're picking out dresses.

"Okay, try on this one," Akanke hands her friend a different dress, a blue one with glitter on the neckline, and Lila looks at it in disinterest.

"This is the third one now; how many of these things did you bring?"

"I have two more in there, but one is mine." Akanke averts her eyes as Lila puts on the blue one and tells her when she can look. It's nothing she hasn't seen already, she's just being polite.

"This thing is so fucking itchy, why did you buy this?" The brown-skinned girl is scratching at the neckline and Akanke thinks she looks cute but knows she'll look even better in the last option.

"I dunno. Here, try this."

Akanke pulls out the last dress. It's a dark red color and has a piece of thin lace that's basically transparent down the stomach. She knows the other girl would look stunning in this one and brought it specifically with the thought in mind. She helps Lila into it and smiles when her friend turns around to show her.

"Holy shit dude you look really hot." It's true. The dress adheres to Lila's curves and shows just the right amount of her skin. It goes with her skin tone perfectly and complements her blue eyes, just like Akanke thought it would. "If you don't go with that one, I will actually cry."

Lila's blushing a red not unlike the color of her outfit when she says, "Good thing I'm going with this one then." She spins one more time, allowing the skirt to puff out around her, and turns back to Akanke, meeting her eyes. "Thank you." Pause. "For the dress I mean!"

"You're welcome," Aka laughs as she presses a kiss to Lila's cheek. "But I should be thanking you for looking that good." She winks and disappears into the bathroom, leaving the other girl a stuttering mess.

"Akanke! Wait!"

The girl in mention pokes her head out of the door and her hair is in the process of being fluffed up and brushed. "Hmmm."

Lila crosses the room and pecks her on the lips quickly. It's a stroke of confidence that she would never do in any other situation, but she has a good feeling about tonight. "Save me a dance, alright?"

Akanke's smirking now, "I thought you hated PDA."

"I'm learning to like it."

"Hurry up guys, we're leaving in ten minutes!" Lavender calls from the main room and both girls turn bright red, hoping their friend didn't hear what they were talking about.

"We're coming!" Jess yells back before saying something to Akanke about her hair and dragging her back into the bathroom. Lila watches with amusement, changing her mind in that moment. She doesn't have a good feeling, she has a great one.

<><><><><>

The coach buses wait in the parking lot for everyone, planning on taking them back to the Typhoon Lagoon. The school rented it out from 9 PM to 2 AM and that means the normal Disney buses aren't running to it anyway.

Walking out to the parking lot, the Acadia High School students are in utter disarray. Girlfriends are complimenting boyfriends on their looks, friends are talking about dress choices, guys are talking about uncomfortable outfits, and a lot of people are yelling for no apparent reason.

    Akanke and Lila are in the center of it. Neither are holding each other's hand, like most of the other couples, but they aren't official like most of the couples either. No one really knows what they are except themselves. Even then, there isn't really a title for their type of relationship. There never really has been.