Chapter 2: Reality

"So are you going to see your warrior princess? " Anthony said to Ebon when he saw him take his car keys off the table. Ebon had been video chatting with Dawn everyday for the last five days since there meeting at the waffle House, but they had not physically seen each other since. Last night though during one of their chats Dawn had told Ebon there was something she wanted to show him. So Ebon had taken the day off from his job as a security guard at the DeKalb county jail.  "Yes I'm going to see Dawn,"  said Ebon.  "she said she had some things she wants to talk to me about."  "You've been talking to her all week, what else could you possibly talk about? Unless it's not really talking that she wants to do." said Anthony with a mischievous smile and rubbing his hands. "It always has to go there with you." said Ebon shaking his head.  "Hey I just call em like I see em." said Anthony.  " Well I'll be back later, call me if you need me." Ebon said as he walked out the door.

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn pulled into the  parking lot of Lenox mall where she had agreed to meet Ebon, and was surprised to see him already there waiting for her. She had already noticed how athletic and handsome he was from there first meeting, but now as she saw him leaning against his sleek sports car with that tight black T-shirt that clung to the curves of his chest and allowed his biceps to protrude, she felt herself flush, as the temperature of her body went a little higher.  She quickly tried to gain control of herself hoping he wouldn't notice.  "Hi," said Ebon as she approached. Then he wrapped his arms around her letting his hands rest on the small of her back. Dawn in turn had to reach up to wrap her arms around his neck which was unusual for her being 5'10 she usually stood even or a little taller than most men especially if she wore heels, but Ebon was 6'5 with broad shoulders and easily stood above her, still as their bodies embraced fitting together like pieces of a puzzle it was the most natural feeling in the world.  Ebon reluctantly released his hold on her and stepped back with a smile.  "So what's on the agenda for today?  I took the whole day off so I'm yours."  said Ebon meaning every word of it.  Dawn found herself blushing, it wasn't normal for her to feel so flustered by a man.  No man had exuded such an air of confidence and control around her except her father, but Ebon's eyes also showed kindness and love. She found herself feeling totally at ease around him.  " I told my father about you and what you did for me and he has asked to meet with you." said Dawn.  Ebon was taken aback at the thought of meeting Dawn's father so soon, they hadn't even been on their first date yet. "Wow,..okay, I guess we could do that," said Ebon gingerly.  "It is quite unusual for my father to seek an audience with anyone, I assure you it must be of the utmost importance." said Dawn. Now Ebon was really starting to wonder about the meeting, and if he hadn't been before now he was really confused.  Dawn, sensing his confusion quickly moved the process along.  "Let me give you the address in case you can't keep up with me then we can go." she said.  "Oh I'm pretty sure I can hang with you." said Ebon feeling a little like he was being challenged as Dawn sat down in his seat and typed the location into his car's GPS. then got back into her car. 

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ebon's navigation system led him to a large building just outside of Atlantic Station. He pulled into the parking deck of the building looking for Dawn, who he had lost a while ago when she blatantly ignored a red light.  As he rounded a corner he saw her car parked directly in front of an elevator, and her standing by the elevator next to two men dressed in black  suits who looked like secret service guards.  Dawn motioned for him to park next to her.  Ebon parked and got out of his car chirping his alarm on. " Are you sure it's OK to park in front of the elevator like this?" Ebon said eyeing the guards.  " Yes this is a private elevator, restricted to authorized personnel only." said Dawn as the elevator doors opened and she stepped inside followed close behind by Ebon. there was only one button next to a keyhole. Dawn removed a thin chain necklace with a key on it from her neck and placed the key into the slot as she pushed the button. "Kind of tight security around here." said Ebon jokingly.  "My father is very serious about our safety." Dawn said as the elevator continued to rise. "So do you work here?" said Ebon curiously.  "Sometimes, my father has given me the option of pursuing my own path." Said Dawn.  Ebon felt like Dawn was holding back, but he didn't want to press her.  "So what's the family business?"  Ebon said as the elevator stopped and the doors opened to reveal a huge room.  Decorated from wall to wall with what appeared to be ancient and probably priceless heirlooms.  "It's complicated." said Dawn as she walked into the room.  They walked around a corner and there was large desk mounted atop a dragon which Ebon immediately associated with Shenron from Dragonball Z.  Behind the desk talking on the phone was Dawn's father, he held up a finger to Dawn signaling her to wait.  Behind the desk built into the wall was a humongous fish tank with three small sharks and various other fish that Ebon thought was one one the coolest things he'd ever seen.  Dawn's father hung up the phone and rose from his seat.  He was a bear of a man,  he stood at 6'9 with broader shoulders than even Ebon.  "Ebon this is my father Dante Windsor,  Father this is Ebon Leonis the young man  I told you about." said Dawn placing her hand on Ebon's back.  " It's a pleasure to meet you Mr Windsor. " said Ebon extending his hand to Dawn's father.  "Call me Dante, I believe we should be on a first name basis  considering what you did for my daughter." said Dante with a face void of all emotion.  "I hardly did a thing, Dawn had the situation well in hand by the time I got there Sir." Ebon said humbly.  " I'm certain she did, but that is beside the point. It took courage and integrity to come to the aid of someone you didn't know.  So often people ignore the plight of those in need around them, but I sense that you are different Ebon.  I think that even if my daughter had not been a beautiful young woman you still would have found it in your heart to assist her, am I correct? "  said Dante looking into Ebon's eyes.  "Well yes, I'd like to think so." said Ebon.  "Then it's as I suspected.  Ebon I would like to offer you an opportunity, one that I rarely find myself motivated to offer.  I would like for you to join my clan.