Chapter 10: Taken

"Come to me Lion, release me from this darkness.  I have been waiting so long.  Free me from the bonds of this dark world.  Release me!"

Ebon shot up out of his sleep, his alarm going off next to him.  "What the hell was that all about?  He said to himself as the dream began to fade with each passing second, but there was one thing he couldn't forget, the words "Release me".  It was 8:00 in the morning, Ebon knew he had a meeting with Dante downtown at 10:00.  He got up, took a shower and got dressed.  Ant wasn't around so Ebon guessed he was at work.  Although the evidence of his presence was on display for all to see, in the form of an empty orange juice container and a half eaten waffle left on the counter.  Ebon grabbed a toaster strudel and a bottle of water before walking out the door.  Just as he was about to get in his car.  "Excuse me."  Said a woman two parking spaces down as she walked over to Ebon.  "My car isn't starting and I have to get to work.  Can you help me?"  She had a fairly new Nissan pathfinder that looked like it had been taken care of.  "Sure, I can take a look.  I'm not a mechanic or anything, but what's it doing?"  Said Ebon walking over to her car.  "I turned the key and it's just not working." She demonstrated by turning the key.  Her accessory lights came on but the car would not turn over.  "It looks like your battery might be dying.  Let me get my cables and see if I can jump you off."  Said Ebon.  "I wouldn't mind that."  The woman said suggestively, as she twisted her hair around her finger.  Ebon pulled his car over and hooked up the jumper cables to both cars.  After a minute he told her to give it a try.  She turned the key and her car started up.  "Thank you so much.  I don't know how I can repay you."  The woman said walking up to Ebon and embracing him in full frontal bear hug.  The hug went on longer than Ebon felt comfortable with but she wouldn't let go.  The smell of her hair so close to his face was particularly sweet.  After a couple of seconds Ebon's head was starting to swim.  "Something's wrong with me." Ebon said as he tried to extricate himself from the woman's grasp but his arms wouldn't cooperate.  His legs started to give out but the woman held him up refusing to let go.  "It's okay handsome, I've got you."  Those were the last words Ebon heard as his world faded to black.

Ebon awoke in a room handcuffed to a chair.  As he looked around he noticed he was in the center of the room, surrounded by nine chairs that looked really old school, like knights and dragons old school.  The room was kind of dark and he couldn't really see much past the chairs.  Then suddenly light flooded the room as a door opened and in walked several men wearing robes.  They sat in the chairs surrounding Ebon.  Then the last person Ebon could remember seeing before he passed out walked up and stood next to one of the men seated in a chair.  "You!  What did you do to me?  Why am I here?"  Said Ebon.  "Relax cutie, I'm getting to that right now." She replied.  "Elders of the Ninth Circle, this is Ebon Leonis.  Ebon these men are the Elders.  I'm sure your friend Kris has told you all about the Circle by now."  The woman said.  "Actually Kris hasn't told me much of anything, and I don't really care who these old dudes are.  Get me out of this chair, now."  Said Ebon pulling against the cuffs. 
"Well that's not very nice." Said the woman as she began to walk over to Ebon.  "Enchanter Troya, that will be enough." Said one of the Elders.  His voice was calm, but commanding.  And Enchanter Troya stopped in her tracks as she turned to him and bowed her head.  "Yes Elder Grey."  She said simply as she retreated back to her place at his side.  "Mr Leonis, we are aware that you are conspiring with Dante Windsor.  A fugitive of the Circle who has broken countless Taboos, delving into the arts of dark magic."  "Look Sir...Elder, this isn't the 1600's.  Unless you have a badge or a warrant for my arrest, you guys are the fugitives.  Holding me against my will is highly illegal where I come from."  Said Ebon.  "We are not bound by the laws of man." Said Elder Grey, the authority in his voice causing the room to shake even though he wasn't speaking loudly.  "Still you are right, your bindings are a bit much."  Said Elder Grey as he waved his hand and the cuffs dropped off of Ebon's wrists.  Ebon rubbed his wrists trying to get the blood flowing again, as Elder Grey continued on.  "Are you saying that you are unaware of the dark magic being performed by Dante Windsor Mr Leonis?"  "I don't know what you're talking about."  Said Ebon, refusing to give these people anything.  He didn't know them, and the way they had treated him since they meet was more than a little suspect.  While he didn't necessarily agree with the way Dante went about keeping Talia from dying, he certainly understood the sentiment.  "I find it unlikely that you have no knowledge of Dante's misdeeds, but it is of little consequence.  From this point on you will be assisting the Circle with bringing him into custody."  Said Elder Grey.  "Sorry, but I don't think so.  You guys are the magic cops, you go get him."  Said Ebon as he began looking around trying to think of a way out.  "No it is I who am sorry Mr Leonis, that was not a request.  Enchanter Troya, if you would please."  Said Elder Grey as he motioned her towards Ebon.  "It would be my pleasure said Troya as she began to walk over to Ebon.  "Hey, you stay from away me lady."  Said Ebon as he tried to back away only to realize that he couldn't move.  Her eyes were locked on his and he couldn't look away.  "You're going to make a nice piece of arm candy."  She said as she kissed him, biting down on his lip and drawing blood, that she licked off her own lips like it was candy.  Ebon was powerless and totally at her mercy.  All thoughts of resistance became lost in the fog that was his mind.  "Now," said Troya withdrawing from her enchanting kiss.  "Are you ready to help us capture Dante?"  "Whatever you desire Enchantress."

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dante had been waiting for Ebon for two hours.  It was 12:00 and half the day was gone.  He'd wanted to discuss what had happened in the sublevel, or what he thought had happened.  It appeared to him that Ebon had somehow connected with Talia for a moment, and if that was indeed the case Ebon may well be the key to finally waking her.  He picked up his phone and called Dawn.  She answered after a few rings.  "Hello father, I was just on my way to see you."  Said Dawn.  "Have you spoken to Ebon today?" He asked.  "No I haven't, but last night I told him I needed some time alone.  I believe he is just respecting my wishes."  "I had a meeting with him this morning and he did not show.  I have called him but he does not answer.  Have you ever known him to behave in this manner?"  "No father, I have not.  I am pulling into the parking deck now, I will call him from your office momentarily."  Said Dawn as she hung up the phone.  As she pulled into her parking spot by the elevator she saw Ebon getting out of his car and opening his passenger door for a woman who was grinning ear to ear and holding onto his arm as though he would float away if she let go.  Dawn got out of her car.  "Ebon, where have you been and who is this  woman?" Said Dawn.  Ebon didn't respond at all, as though he didn't even hear her.  "Hi, I'm Troya.  Ebon and I just had a bit of a long morning.  You know how hard it is to get em out of bed after they get what they want, right girl?" Said Troya as she winked at Dawn.  Dawn's stomach felt like it dropped to her knees.  "What!?  Ebon what is this woman talking about, have you...been with her!?"  "Girl, and then some this boy is a animal, but let me stop being unladylike.  We have a meeting with Mr Windsor that we're late for.  It was nice to meet you."  Said Troya as she began to pull Ebon away.  Dawn stepped in front of Troya.  "Remove your hands from my man."  Said Dawn as her eye's began to slightly glow red.  "Honey you seem to be confused this is my..."  Troya started to say as Dawn raised her hand palm out at Troya's face in the ultimate talk to the hand move, then let loose a powerful stream of red and Black energy that blew Troya away. Then she turned ever so slightly and raised her hand to Ebon.