Rain

It's been a week since I first saw this weird guy at the bus station. He's still there everyday, waiting. Eventually, the people stopped caring about him and just gave him weird looks passing by. The bus drivers got used to him and waited for him to scan the bus before leaving.
After a conflict with my self, I decided to go and talk to him. Maybe I could help him. I live in this neighbourhood for years and I know almost everyone. If the one he's looking for is from around here I'll might know him and lead him to him. Or her.

After few deep breaths I walked back to the bus station where he was sitting. "Uhm.. H-Hey!" I walked a bit closer so he can see me. He looked at me and then turned his gaze somewhere else.

Really?

"Hi, my name is Y/-" I tried to talked to him again but he got up from his motorbike, that he was leaning against, and walked away few steps ignoring me. "You don't have to be rude. I just want to help you if I can" I said a bit louder so he can hear me. "I know almost everyone around here so I might know where is the person you're looking for" I continued and that's when he decided to come closer. I almost smiled when I heard his voice. Deep and harsh. Just like his words. "I don't need your fucking help. It's none of your business what I'm doing here, anyway. Let me be" I took a step back suddened by his behavior. I looked down defeated. "Well, if that's the case, I'm sorry to bother you sir" and then turned around and went home.

Days were passing by and I was so troubled about what he is actually waiting for.

Is he some kind of an assasin? Waiting for his pray? Of course not.

After a lot of thought I decided to talk to the only person who could find a reasonable solution for this weird case. I stood up and left the room where the kids were studying making my way to the main hall of the building. "Goodmorning sister, do you might know were mother superior is?" I asked the young woman walking around checking if the kids broke anything during their break. "Oh! Goodmorning Y/N. I think she is in her office" I smiled at her and bowed before walking into another room leading to a big corridor. After a while I found the door of her office and knocked twice. "Please come in!" a mature voice said from the inside. I opened the door and walked in. "Oh, Y/N, so nice to see you. What brings you here? Are you here to discuss a date for your temporary vow?" she said and I got surprised as I hadn't thought of that in a while. "Uhm, no. Not yet. There's something I need to do before I take my temporary vow" I said and she smiled at me. "What is it? Can I help you with it? Is it a task?" she threw the questions so fast. "It's not exactly a task, more like, helping someone I think he needs help but is to stubborn to ask for it" I say and she thinks for a while. "Is that someone a friend of yours?" "No. Just a guy near my house. He waits at the bus station and stops the buses looking for someone inside. This is happening for almost two weeks. I tried to talk to him but he was rude" I say and look down disappointed. She thinks for a little more. "No one is rude by nature. I think you should keep being kind to him, somehow. He, eventually, won't have any reason to be rude at you" I look her confused. "How can I be kind to a stranger, that was rude to me?" I ask her waiting for a good response. "I don't know the answer to that. You know it. Something made sense in him for you. So you have the answers you're looking for, my dear child" with disappointment written all over my face I thanked her and walked out of her office.

He was still there. I sighed and passed by him. I went home and cooked something to eat. Without realising it I cooked a lot more than I actually needed.

I'll just deliver it tomorrow to the church for the homeless people.

But then a wild thought crossed my pure mind. Without hesitation I placed the remaining food inside a plastic bowl and took a one-use cutlery and walked out of the house. I arrived at the bus station and as expected he was still there. I approached him slowly. "Hello again. I got some leftovers from the food I cooked and I thought that you might be hungry so I-" he cut me off "Girl, I said mind your own business already! I don't need your pity. I'm not homeless" I looked at him in the eyes.

Dark brown, beautiful eyes. I wonder how he really looks like without that stupid mask on.

"It's not pity. And I know you're not homeless. I just genuinely wanted to treat you with my food. I'll just leave it here. Goodnight" I said and walked back home.

The next day I got off the bus I didn't even looked at him. I just passed by and walked away, when few meters later a hand grabbed my shoulder forcing me to stop walking and turn around. It was him. I saw him open his backpack and take out the bowl I gave him last night. "Did you like it?" I say as I reach out to take the bowl back realising it was still heavy. "I didn't eat it. I just took it with me cause I didn't want to leave it at the bus station and have someone stole it and have you blaming me for it" I looked at him in shock. "I wouldn't blame you. I blame you for not tasting this masterpiece. But I hope next time y-" "There won't be next time. I'll just deliver it back, full again" he said and left me there.

Aish this guy. What's wrong with him?

I kept giving him food every night since then and he kept giving it back next day.
Tonight it's raining. It rains since early afternoon but he was still there. I decided to make soup and bring an umbrella for him as well. When I got there my eyes widened and my heart dropped at the sight of him. He was sitting down leaning against his motorbike, shivering. His clothes were drenched and as far as I could feel he had fever.

Ambulance? Too extreme. It's just a cold. Uuuuugh! Fuck!

With a deep sigh I placed his arm around my shoulder and basically begged him to help me help him stand up. After a whole 20minutes walk-drag we arrived at my house. Thankfully I don't have stairs. I open the door and place him on the couch. "Can you please help me a bit? Remove your clothes. I'll bring you clean and dry ones" I say as I walk to my bedroom. After a few minutes of searching for clothes that will fit him I go back to the living room and he was almost naked lying down at my couch.

Oh! Yeah. Forgot about that. I'll just close my eyes.

Walking closer to him, before I could close my eyes, I saw him. I saw his body lying down. Skinny but a bit muscular.

Of course he is still wearing that mask

I couldn't tear my gaze off of him. I didn't expect that. My pure thoughts are all gone just by one creature like him. "Stop staring and give me the clothes already" my thoughts got interrupted by his low but deep voice. I snapped out of it and threw him the clothes as I went to the kitchen to put some soup into a bowl and some medicine with water for him. When I got back he was sitting on the couch. "I made this for you cause I knew it was raining so you could use the hot soup, but I was late" he said nothing. He just eat the soup and the medicine while I brought him a blanket. "You'll spend the night here. It's an order" I said and then went back to my room where I laid on my bed. After an hour I couldn't sleep. I made my way to the kitchen and I heard the weird guy mumbling something in his sleep. I walked closer to hear. My eyes widened and almost popped out of my head. "Y/N"
How does he know my name? All possible thoughts crossed my mind until I finally fell asleep.
The next morning I walked to the living room, ready to face him and ask him how the hell he knows my name, only to find it empty.

So ungrateful

On my way to the kitchen I saw a piece of paper on the floor next to the couch. I reached for it and realized it was a picture folded in two. Even thought I was curious to see it, I didn't. I just placed it inside my bag and continued my day.