one

[Jade]

Her paws moved quietly across the streets of Malibu, looking for a house that would seem able to provide her with help.

Jade had never been this badly hurt before, she had only gotten minor injuries that her regeneration abilities could take care of on its own.

She had picked a fight with a fight-trained Chow Chow and she had lost, something she wasn't proud of.

Her fur shined from the light coming from the street lamps, blood running down from her neck and dripping on the ground from time to time.

Ever since her family was killed she had been on the run like this, staying like a dog for months -even years- without turning back to human form. She had started to miss the comfort of a home, something she hasn't had for about 70 years.

She continued further in the city as none of the houses she saw satisfied her. It felt as if she'd been walking for hours now.

She walked until she came to the outskirts of the city, wondering if she should go back until she spotted a big house overlooking the sea. Jade had never seen anything like it, she had never really seen any house like that since she was usually in small towns with people who didn't have that much money. It had a complex design and she guessed that it was pretty expensive.

She felt herself shaking as she walked up to the door, not only because of the pain but also because she had never before tried to interact like this with humans before. But Jade had realized hours ago that she couldn't handle this on her own, so she had to do something she hates to do. She had to depend on someone else, a human at that.

She dragged herself up to the door, all of her power starting to drain from her body the closer she came. She scratched a few times on the door and barked once in hope of someone hearing her. Her ears picked up the sound of something moving inside of the house just as she started falling.

When she heard the door opening she whimpered a little in pain and the person who opened looked down on her.

"Oh my god." She heard a woman breath out as she started closing her eyes. "Jarvis, could you please wake up Mr. Stark and also call a veterinary to come over?"

Jade started breathing heavily and heard another voice from inside the house. "At once Miss Potts." She heard a man speaking before she finally passed out from pain and blood loss.

°

~Pepper~

Pepper Potts had been Tony Starks assistant for years, she had been with him for a long part of his life. Once she had even looked at him romantically, but she soon stopped after realizing that even though Tony could be a good person he wasn't the one that she wanted to spend her life with.

Even though he was her boss they had stayed friends for a long time and when he came back after being captured for three months she was relieved, but she was also worried about him.

After he came back he wasn't the same as before, he seemed to care about people in a way he never had before, not that it was a bad thing. She only thought it seemed a little strange and wondered what he had to go through to change himself so much.

Now Pepper sat alone on a chair in the big space on the first floor of the house that connected to most of the first floor. She was finishing up some paperwork as she had decided to go home later than usual so that she could be done with it instead of finishing it in the morning.

The woman let out a happy sigh and lightly massaged her sore fingers, about to turn the computer off until she heard a sound that seemed to come from outside the door.