eight

[Jade]

Jade didn't know what she would do now. She wouldn't be able to help Tony if he was going to fight Obadiah because if he had built something like Tony's suit that needed the battery she couldn't exactly bite through the metal as a dog.

She remembers that the other man had said that Pepper was on her way to arrest Obadiah so she guessed that she could somewhat help out there even though she would be a dog.

She turned into a robin and flew out through the way meant for the cars. She came quite far into the city before realizing that she didn't actually know where Pepper would be.

She landed on a rooftop before turning into a grey-furred cat -something she didn't like, mostly because she was a dog most of the time- because she knew that she would hear more than she ever would in dog form.

She sat on the edge where she could hear far into the city. She closed her eyes and just focused on her hearing, her tail impatiently swinging back and forth.

She had started to become frustrated until she heard something. Her ears flicked towards the sound, it was almost as if something was breaking out of the ground. She found the location and once again transformed into a bird.

She flew as fast as her wings could possibly flap, but she realized that she wouldn't get there in time if she didn't come up with a better plan. So she decided to transform into a peregrine falcon, the transform was more tiring this time since she had shifted into so many different animals in such a short amount of time. Instead of slowing down she pushed herself to go faster and she could feel the wind whisk against her feathers at a higher speed than before.

She came closer to the location and was surprised when she saw Tony in his suit fly up into the sky with someone in a bigger suit following closely behind. She looked down and saw Pepper looking at the scene as it unfolded.

Jade landed behind the closest building before transforming into a dog. She collapsed in exhaustion and laid there for a few seconds before pushing herself up, legs threatening to give in. After adjusting to the exhaustion she ran out to join Pepper.

"Lola? What are you doing here?" The woman asked, clearly confused as to why Jade was there. Jade barked out in response but stayed away, still not completely sure if she could fully trust the woman.

There was no more time to do anything else before the other suit crashed down and Tony followed behind at a much slower speed. When Peppers hand flew up to her ear and saying Tony's name Jade decided to focus her hearing more on the device in Peppers ear where she could hear Tony's voice through.

"I'm almost out of power. I've got to get out of this thing. I'll be right there." She could hear Tony say. She would have been happy if it wasn't for the mechanical sound she could hear from the roof of the building they were standing by.

Both Jade and Pepper became worried and it didn't help when Tony said that he wanted Pepper to blast the roof that he was currently on. She followed Pepper inside the building, convinced that she could be to some sort of help to save Tony.

When they came inside, Pepper started to push the buttons and pull the levers that belonged to -what Jade could guess at least- the big glowing machine that looked a lot like the battery Tony had in his chest. Jade helped as much as she could with pushing the buttons and pulling the levers.

They looked up and saw Tony hanging from the edge, almost falling inside the building. Jade could here Obadiah speak from the roof and she started to growl. Of course, Obadiah just had to try and kill Tony with something similar to what he himself had created.