twenty

[Jade]

When she heard that Natasha would try to interrogate Loki she decided to sneak away from the lab and wait outside for her friend, just in case anything would happen.

She heard something bang inside the room and a few minutes later, the door opened and Natasha walked out.

She seemed startled to find that Jade wasn't by Tony's side like she usually was. Though Natasha seemed like she was worried about something.

"What's wrong?" Jade asked her.

Natasha started walking as she answered, "We think Loki wants to unleash the Hulk. Stay here in case anything happens."

Jade opened her mouth to say something back, but Natasha had already walked away before she could. She dragged a hand through her hair in frustration, knowing that she wanted to help there, but that she would be of more use trying to guard the door.

After a few minutes of walking back and forth in the small corridor, the ground started to shake. Her ears picked up the sound of an explosion and she felt herself being torn with checking if the others were alright or if she should stay where she was.

She could hear the chaos echoing throughout the ship, but she stood still in hope that the others would be able to handle it. Though she didn't know whether her decision was the right or wrong one.

-

After a while, she could hear footsteps coming closer. She decided to meet them in case it was an intruder. But instead of an intruder, it was someone she did not expect to see.

"Thor? What are you doing here?" But Thor ran past her to the door that had somehow opened without her realizing it.

She followed him into the room to see him jump at Loki, only to fall to the floor as another Loki appeared as the door closed. Jade walked closer but was caught off guard as another person aimed a gun at her, making her lift her hands in surrender.

Loki walked towards the control panel, planning to drop the cell that Thor was in. But he was unable to do so when the man aiming the gun at Jade was knocked out, revealing Coulson with a big gun in his hands.

"Move away, please," Coulson ordered, making Loki take a step back. Jade felt relief as she smiled at the man.

"You like this? We started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does," Coulson said before he started the gun, "Do you wanna find out?"

But instead of Coulson firing the gun, Loki appeared behind him and stabbed him through the chest. Thor yelled out a 'No' as Jade gasped in surprise.

Coulson fell to the floor as Loki pulled out the bloody scepter and since there was no time to transform, Jade decided to go with the old-fashioned punch.

To Jade's surprise, Loki was able to catch her hand with his own ice-cold one. At first, she thought that Loki would stab her as-well, but from Loki's hand came a green glow and Jade felt like her own powers wanted to disappear from her body.

Loki himself seemed surprised but didn't complain as Jade fell to her knees as her body felt sicker. She looked at Coulson who was still breathing as she mouthed Sorry to him, making him give her a weak smile in return.

Jade pushed herself up to stand on her weak legs as Loki pushed the button and the cell with Thor in it started falling. Jade tried again to punch Loki, but as she was slower than before he caught her arm this time. He had an annoyed look on his face and decided to push her, making her fall through the same hole as Thor did.