three

[Jade]

The only thing that crossed Jade's mind for the next hour was that she absolutely hated the name Tony had chosen for her and if she actually had the courage to turn into her normal form she would tell him her real name.

They had just arrived at the house after much struggle to actually get Jade into the car. She had never trusted the devils of metal that the humans relied so much on for transportation. Mostly because she knew that no matter how safe they made them, accidents could always happen.

But after a long drive around town so that Tony could quickly buy the things he thought that 'Lola' might need they were finally there. Now she was sitting just inside the door and looked around the inside of the house. As she had predicted everything looked just as expensive as outside, so she guessed the couple had pretty well-paying jobs.

And while Tony tried to figure out how much food he should put in the bowl Jade claimed a spot on the couch and laid there while never letting her eyes leave him. She guessed he must have felt her gaze since he turned around to look at her. He opened his mouth before closing it again and she guessed he would have said something about the couch being expensive before he thought that she wouldn't be able to understand.

However, when he walked down a pair of spiral steps she decided to wait on the couch for him or Pepper to come back into the living room. She started to think about her escape plan and how long she should stay at this place before doing so. A few days seemed like a very small amount of time, but on the other hand, a few weeks seemed a little too much.

She laid on the couch for a few minutes, almost getting some decision anxiety so, and didn't even notice that Pepper had taken a seat on the couch only two or three decimeters away. Jade felt Pepper put her hand on her fur and started to feel very uncomfortable and decided that she instead would see what Tony had poured in her food bowl. Pepper seemed a little disappointed as she walked away, but she paid it no mind.

She let out a sigh when she saw that only the water bowl was filled and guessed that Tony just gave up on finding the right amount of food to pour. Instead, she let out a bark to get Pepper's attention and when she saw the food bowl she too let out a sigh. 

When Jade finally got to eat she focused her hearing to listen if she could hear anything out of the ordinary. She heard some noise coming from downstairs where Tony had disappeared to and she wondered what he was doing down there.

When she was sure that Pepper wasn't looking she walked down the stairs only to find a glass wall and a door with a security lock on it. Behind the wall, she could see Tony in some kind of workshop, but she could not in any way understand what he was working on. 

She watched as Tony laid down in some sort of chair before he called Pepper. Jade could hear the call being received upstairs and she also heard a man screaming about how Stark Industries was a weapons company that didn't make weapons anymore. 

That made Jade start to wonder what kind of person had 'adopted' her if he was someone who made weapons. She knew that humans were dangerous, but if Tony was someone who made weapons that could essentially hurt or kill other people she didn't know what to think of him. Though the man said that the company used to make weapons, so she guessed they had to end for some reason.

Soon enough she heard Pepper light steps come down the stairs and as she opened the glass door Jade was quick to follow after her and sit beside her when she stood in front of Tony. In his hands, Tony held something that was glowing, though Jade didn't know what it was. In his chest was something that looked almost the same as the thing he held in his hands, only the light was slightly duller in his chest. Jade didn't know if the thing was something humans needed, but every other human she had seen didn't have anything like that so she guessed it was only Tony who needed it.