thirteen

[Jade]

"Of course trouble just have to follow him wherever he goes. Not like there are a few billion other people it can pick on," Jade said as she, Pepper and Happy hurried their way into the car.

Soon enough they crashed through a barrier that separated the normal road from the race track, driving the opposite way of the race cars.

"You know, when Tony said we would be going to Monaco I actually believed that I would get a normal holiday for once. Now I'm starting to think I'll never have a quiet moment with Tony around," Jade said, her voice slightly panicked.

Jade grabbed the case as Pepper dug around in Happy's pocket to find the key. "Why would you handcuff it to your wrist if there was a chance that he might need it? You didn't think that this might have slowed down the process of giving it to him?"

"No, at that moment I thought about what might have happened if someone stole it. Now be quiet so that I can drive!"

Soon they were so close that they saw Tony, only the man attacking him was very close to him. "Happy I suggest that you hurry."

"Well, got any suggestions then?!"

"You got a car! Hit him if you have to!" Her statement wasn't completely thought through, because when Happy hit the man he almost hit Tony as well.

Tony climbed down from the fence and walked towards Happy, "Were you aiming for me or him?"

"I was trying to scare him," Happy said to him.

"'Cause honestly I can't tell!" Tony continued.

"That was my idea, sorry," Jade said with an apologetic smile on her face.

Pepper looked at him through the open window, "Are you out of your mind?" She shouted at him.

No one except Jade noticed that the man slightly moved even though he was hit by the car. "Uh, Tony. You might want to get into the car as quickly as possible."

But when Tony opened the door to go into the backseat beside Jade, it was suddenly cut in half by the electric whip.

Happy continued to hit the man several times more with the car before he started to destroy it more with his whips. Jade gave the case to Pepper who threw it out to Tony, giving him the chance to put on the Iron Man suit.

Tony defeated the man quickly and destroyed what looked like an arc reactor that he had on his chest to power the whips. Before the police got to him, Jade turned into a dog before anyone else could see her sitting beside Pepper in the car.

The only thing the man said before he was taken away was, "You'll lose Stark."

***

Jade walked beside Tony as they made their way through the prison to meet the man who had attacked Tony earlier that day. Tony and the guards spoke in French about how they didn't know who the man was or if he even spoke English.

They opened the door so that Jade and Tony could walk into the room, the man sitting in the middle of the room.

They talked about what Tony said was 'a passable knock-off' from his own arc-reactor in his chest.

"The reason I'm alive is 'cause you had a shot, you took it, you missed," Tony said to the man. Jade wouldn't exactly call it a missed shot since he was still hurt from the fight, but she guessed that being alive was what counted here.

"Did I?" Jade became slightly uneasy as the man spoke. "If you can make God bleed, the people will cease to believe in him. And there will be blood in the water. And the sharks will come. The truth, all I have to do is sit here and watch as the world will consume you."

Jade growled at him when he finished his little speech, not liking what he was referring to. The man looked at her with a smirk before shifting his attention to Tony when he said that the man would watch it happen from a cell.

Tony stood up to leave with Jade right in his heels, the man decided he wasn't quite done with him. "Hey, Tony. Before you go, palladium in the chest, painful way to die."

She saw Tony slightly freeze at his words, but they left before he could say anything else.

***

The plane ride back to the U.S. was just as unpleasant as the one to Monaco, but fortunately Jade had managed to fall asleep in a seat across the aisle on the right of Pepper after Tony left.

She woke up with a startled when Tony muted the T.V. and put a plate down in front of Pepper. "This is your in-flight meal."

"Did you just make that?" Jade was just as surprised as Pepper because she didn't know that Tony was so good at cooking.

"Yeah. Where do you think I've been for three hours?" Even though Jade didn't feel well, she still had to let out a laugh at Tony's words.

"I would have made one for you too, but I suspected that you wouldn't want to eat."

Jade let out a groan in response as she stood up. "Where's the bathroom? I feel like I'm going to throw up."

Tony stood up and led her to the toilet, holding the door for her as she walked inside. "If you're actually going to puke, please make sure you puke into the toilet."

"True words of encouragement," Jade mumbled as he left to go back to Pepper.

Jade only rested her head on the toilet seat as she heard Tony talking about how the three of them could go to Venice for his birthday.

Jade smiled at the idea, but let out a groan as she felt her stomach turn. She could hear the door open and felt someone holding back her hair as she emptied her stomach into the toilet.

She sat on the lid and flushed as Tony gave her a paper to dry her mouth with. "I hate airplanes."

Tony smiled slightly as he took her arm and helped her back into her seat, sitting down in the seat facing hers. "Well, I guess I can let you fly as a bird next time. Problem is that you might take a little too long to get there."

Jade shot him a playful glare, "I would recommend you to be careful with what you say, Stark. Or else you might find yourself having a few holes in your backyard or maybe a few destroyed pillows."

"You do that and you might find yourself on the kennel the next day," Tony said while trying to keep his laughter in.

"I dare you to try. I might come back as a spider on the wall later," She said and saw Tony making a mix between a scared and a disgusted expression.

"Fine, I'll let you win this time, Dawson. Next time you might not be so lucky."

She smirked at him as she made herself more comfortable in her seat. "We'll see about that. Next time I might threaten with something worse than a spider."

Jade heard Pepper letting out a sigh at their small banter, and she closed her eyes so she could sleep instead of feeling the motion sickness.

\

As promised, here is the new chapter on time.

I hope everyone's summer has been good so far (if you have summer right now) and that it only continues to get better.

Vote/comment/share if you want to as long as you stay awesome until next time.