~The Cove~

You stand and look around the private, shaded cove, feeling the mist from the waterfall sprinkle against your exposed skin. Kneeling down, you brush aside some moss and pick up a dragon scale as black and smooth as volcanic glass. “Well, look at that” you hear Hiccup say to Toothless behind you. “Brings back memories doesn’t it bud?” Toothless sniffs the scale in your hand. His green eyes soften with nostalgia, and he gives Hiccup a big lick across the face. “Gah! Toothless, you know that doesn’t wash out!” Hiccup yells, Toothless lets out a low chuckle. Hiccup can’t help but laugh with Toothless, and Toothless fits his head in Hiccup’s open palm. “I’m glad we found each other too, bud. Now, let’s see if we can find your runaway dragon in this cove.” Hiccup says. Hiccup scans the overhead trees for any signs of movement. “After all that running, fire-breathing and trouble making it should be looking for a quiet place to nap!” Hiccup says to you. “Easy does it, guys. We don’t want to startle the poor thing. After all, it’s gotta be pretty scary for the hatchling.” Hiccup says in a low, calm voice. “Just imagine opening your eyes for the first time, finding yourself in a strange place, surrounded by even stranger people…” Hiccup says taking pity on the unknown hatchling. “I think I know the feeling” you admit out loud. Hiccup offers you a sympathetic look, and Toothless whines in understanding. “We’ll figure all of this out. Don’t worry…” Hiccup says to you as he’s puts his warm hand on your shoulder sending shivers down your spine.