~To Tame a Titan~

So... busy day. Not only did I survive certain death and hatch a baby dragon, but I also witnessed my first Titan Wing attack! Hiccup says these things don't happen too often on Berk anymore. I guess I'll just have to take his word for it. In fact, I'm gonna take ALL of his words.

Here's the entire account of the dragon attack, just as Hiccup told it to me, in a little journal entry I'm calling... TO TAME A TITAN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Congratulations," Hiccup said to Berk's newest residents, a young castaway and a baby Night Fury. Toothless gurgled happily beside them. "You've just started to train your dragon."

Even after five years, nothing made Hiccup feel prouder or more optimistic than introducing people to their new best friends- dragons! And this occasion was no occasion was no different, despite all of the craziness that led up to it. From the Seashocker attack, to the exploding egg, to the wild hatchling chase that followed... well, it was really just another day on Berk, wasn't it?

"Come on, bud," Hiccup whispered to Toothless. He nodded towards the baby Night Fur, which had finally closed it's eyes and allowed the castaway to place a hand on it's snout. "Let's give these two some time to bond"

Hiccup donned his flight helmet and climbed onto Toothless. "Don't worry," Hiccup called out. "Toothless and I will be back in a bit. In the meantime, you guys have fun - " The hatchling sneezed out a powerful plasma blast, which hit a patch of ground in front of Toothless and left a black scorch mark. "Gah!" Hiccup yelped as Toothless reared back. "And watch out for those blasts!"

With that, Toothless took to the air, soaring out of the cove and into the clouds of Berk. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At home in the sky, Hiccup leaned back in Toothless' saddle and flipped up his visor. "I think that went well," Hiccup said, pleased with himself. Toothless snorted his displeasure. "Aw, what is it?" Hiccup asked in a teasing voice. "Did big mister Night Fury get some girl cooties, or a little hatchling drool on his paws?" 

By way of answer, Toothless shot out a plasma blast and flew Hiccup through the ring of heat. "Oh, real mature," Hiccup said, removing his helmet to make sure his eyebrows were still in place. "Don't you think we've had enough fire and reckless destruction for one day?"

Before Toothless could respond, a thunderous roar buffeted them with turbulence.  "Whoa!" Hiccup said, tightening his grip around Toothless' saddle. "What in Thor's name was..." Hiccup trailed off as a massive shadow fell over him and Toothless.

Looking up, Hiccup and Toothless found themselves eclipsed by the gargantuan form of a two-headed dragon. "That's a Hideous Zippleback!" Hiccup exclaimed. "But way bigger than any I've ever seen. It's gotta be a Titan Wing!"

Only now did the Hideous Zippleback notice Hiccup and Toothless. It's large, weathered scales clattered like chainmail as it's twin heads bent down and scrutinized them with four glowering eyes. One of the dragon's mouths started to fill with gas. The other began clicking sparks. Toothless glanced back at Hiccup to see what he wanted to do - and fast! "Easy bud, Hiccup said to Toothless. "I'm thinking that Zipple Titan isn't a huge fan of sudden moves."

Hiccup unholstered and ignited his dragon blade. He then slowly waved the flaming sword in front of the two heads, back and forth, back and forth. The entranced Titan Wing grew calm, and the gas and sparks dissipated from its' mouths. "There we go," Hiccup said soothingly. "Just taming another, particularly enormous dragon... no big deal..."

Hiccup collapsed the Dragon Blade and held out both of his hands. The spellbound Zippleback was about to lean in and bound with Hiccup... until one head suddenly snapped awake! It howled in protest, rousing the other half. All four Zippleback eyes narrowed sized up Hiccup and Toothless like prey. "Get us outta here, bud!" Hiccup exclaimed.

The Titan spit out more geysers of Zipple gas. Toothless barrel-rolled and dodged them, but the jets of green vapor continued on and struck two spots on Berk: Gobber's blacksmith shop and the Great Hall. From a distance, Hiccup squinted through the green haze and saw his dad, Stoick the Vast, on the Great Hall's steps. Stoick coughed inside of the thick Zipple gas cloud but still managed to usher other vikings to safety. 

Hiccup and Toothless watched in horror as the second head shot out fresh sparks and set the gas trails ablaze. The fire travelled quickly down the fume lines and lit like two fuses. "Dad! Gobber!" Hiccup cried. "I don't have enough time to save them both!" 

He locked Toothless' tail into the self-glide position, much to the Night Fury's alarm. "We've got this, bud. You find Gobber. I'll help Stoick!" Hiccup leapt and released his flight suit wings! The leather panels filled with wind, allowing Hiccup to glide along the air currents. He and Toothless flew in parallel, outrunning the flame streams as they zeroed in on their targets.

The Titans' jaws snapped at Hiccup and Toothless' heels, but the pair split into different directions. Confused, the two-headed dragon didn't know who to follow, Hiccup or Toothless, so it remained in place, flapping its mammoth wings in frustration.

Hiccup closed in on the Great Hall and yelled, "Dad, go limp! I'll carry you to -" before bouncing harmlessly off of Stoick's considerable bulk. "Owww..." Hiccup groaned as Stoick helped him to his feet and eyed the rapidly approaching fire. "Don't suppose you have a plan B, son?"

Hiccup spotted Toothless and Grump (but no Gobber) at the shop, just below the village's new fire prevention system. "Bud! The aqueduct!' Hiccup called out. Toothless unleashed two plasma blasts, bursting the waterway over Gobber's stall and the Great Hall. Hundreds of gallons of rainwater spilled from the ruptures, and the deluge extinguished both of the Titan's gas and fire trails a split-second before impact.

"THAT was your plan B?" grumbled Stoick, now sopping wet. The steam made Grump roll over revealing Gobber beneath him. "Smart idea using a Hotburple as a sheild Gobber!" Hiccup said impressed. "Shield?!" Gobber groused. "I'v been stuck under Grump for hours! Didn't anyone hear me calling for help?!" Gobber started chuckling to himself. "By 'de way, who were ye talkin' to jus' now?" Gobber asked clealry confused. "Stoick" Hiccup said blantly. He turned around, and looked for his father; his eyes scanning the crowd of Vikings for the familiar face and impressive red beard. But he couldn't see him.

"HIccup?" Gobber whispered, just loud enough for Hiccup to hear. "I don't know how to tell you son... don't you remember?" Gobber asked, his voice cracking. HIccup was too busy dealing with the Titan wing and the exhilaration pumping through his veins, to realize that his father, was...dead. Tears welled in my eyes, like rainwater in the aqueduct. His face scrunched up, and all his muscles tightened as he tried to remain composure in front of the whole Berkian village.

Suddenly the whole village shook beneath their feet, and the vikings turned around to find the Hideous Zippleback Titan Wing now descended upon Berk's harbour and ready for a rematch...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phew... that's all done! Sorry I haven't updated sooner, I just had to work on my other books. (Which I do recommend you should check out :) 

YAYYYYY! It is the time for celebration! We are at 750 reads on the ~DRAGONS~ book! WHOOP! Whoop! :) I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me get to 1k!

It would also help if you guys could check out my most successful book, *IceBound* which has 950 reads! So only 50 more reads to 1k.

Also don't forget to vote and comment, I really appreciate it! 

--A_Frozen_Dragon :)