; t h e r e ;

"we shall be going overseas to compete with other swimmers in races!" our teacher informed us, the swimmers.

although, i had to go, i didn't want to leave taehyung alone, because i felt like he wasn't going to be as happy if i was not there on the side of the pool cheering him on as he swam a lap in the water.

but, having to tell him that i was going, was just as difficult.

"you're going overseas?" he asked.

"yeah, i have to... sorry."

he looked down, upset, but he tried to not show it, because i saw him change his expression immediately.

"oh, it's okay! no need to apologise, jeongguk!" he said. "i'll just have to practice on my own then." he fake smiled.

"are you sure you'd be okay without me here? i can write down a note to my teacher that i'm unwell so i can stay, if you want." i insisted.

although he wanted me to stay longer, he declined. "i'll be fine. i hope you do well while you're away, jeongguk! have lots of fun, and bring back lots of medals! i'll be in the pools hopefully when you come back, i promise!" he waved me goodbye, smiling the brightest.

but, his smile was showing, how much he was going to miss me while i was gone.

i waved back to him, sadly, but i smiled anyway. i was going to miss him too.