Avengers!...please don't assemble. - Story 2

Peter wakes up early, which is new.

He wakes up to the smell of pancakes, which is also new.

He wakes up with a sense of dread, which is normal. The thing he can't figure out is what he is dreading more than normal. Oh well, might as well get on with the day. Peter gets out of bed, quickly getting changed when he sees the time. He conveniently forgets to look at the date.

As he sprints out of his room, he runs around trying to get everything ready. Tony turns to him and looks confused. "Where are you going in such a rush?" he asks, looking at him oddly.

"School, of course. Where else would I be going?"

Tony looks at him until he begins to get uncomfortable. Then he bursts out laughing, with him standing there awkwardly. When he quietened enough to talk, he said,

"Pete, it's Saturday. You're not going anywhere till this afternoon. I made pancakes because we won't be having breakfast together tomorrow." Peter still looks confused. "You know, the trip?" He looks at Tony blankly, and suddenly remembers. He drops to the floor with a loud groan, many different possible futures running through his head. Oh god, he thinks, how am I gonna survive. Tony only laughs harder at his expression.

"But Tony, I'm sick." Peter coughs, knowing that it won't work.

"No, you're ridiculous." He said. "And you're going, so you'd better get your stuff ready." Peter sulks off to his room, mumbling about how this could only end badly. "You don't know they're going to embarrass you." Tony calls out after him. 'but I am' he whispers as an afterthought.

"They are so going to embarrass me." Peter whispers to Ned once he arrives at the school in the afternoon. Ned lets out a short laugh, before replying, "It'll be fine. Everyone gets to meet the Avengers!" Ned looked super excited, and yammers on the entire bus ride about how cool the Avengers are and how lucky Peter is to get to hang out with them all the time.

Peter hangs out at Avengers Tower all the time, but none of the other Avengers knew that Peter and Spider-Man were the same person. They all think that Peter is an intern that has grown on Tony, and they can't blame him, they all love him too.

This is a big problem because the chance of Tony ruining that is gigantic.

The chance of Tony accidentally mentioning it to the Avengers is bad enough, but he doesn't know what to do if his class find out.

But he doesn't let himself think too much on what could happen, and allows himself to focus on Ned's rambling.

"Do you think we'll get to meet Black Widow?" "You've alrea-" "Or maybe Hawkeye! He's awesome and it's cool how he is still on the team with no powers and he is still awesome and gets to go on even more missions than y-" Ned gets cut off by Peter slamming his hand over his mouth.

"Dude," Peter whispers frantically, "We're in a bus of kids that can probably hear us, ssssshh!"

"But dude, they aren't listening. Look outside." Peter looks out the window and sighs. Right in front of them was the one and only Avengers Tower. He hopes that they either 1, don't know he's coming, or 2, aren't there. His Parker Luck™, however has different plans.

His luck has come into play a lot in his life, and he seems to have the worst luck of anyone he knows. Hence the phrase, Parker Luck™. First, his parents die, then his Uncle dies in his arms, and just to top it off, his Aunt dies at the hands of just some villan trying to get at him.

This week's bad luck, drum roll please, is a field trip to his home! He hoped he would get a small break, but whatever force controlling his life changed that with a well placed thought of NOPE!