8

Jaylen POV
I finally have a break no practice today class got cancelled. I can relax and do my work thank God! And all I can think about is Reginae I still think back on our conversations when we were younger and how we talked about our hopes and dreams. Reginae was always such a good friend to me she always believed in me she was always something special. I love being around her her smile lights up a room and her dimples are the cutest thing. Sometimes I think back on if she hadn't move would we had dated or something.

I hear a knock on the door I started yelling because kris my roommate always forget his keys and I always have to get up.

But when I open the door it wasn't kris to my surprise.

Reginae: hey sorry for bothering you.

Jaylen: oh no . I thought you were kris he always forget his keys. What brings you over here?

Reginae: oh um I got bored just wanted to see how was homework and everything going.

Jaylen: oh come on and it's going okay no practice today so I have time to do my homework.

Reginae:(sitting on his bed) oh well that's good glad you have time to study. When is the official season starting ?

Jaylen: were starting in December. But we just practice and do scrimmages against each other until then.

Reginae: but why doesn't your coach just start everything in like November or December.

Jaylen: that's how you get better practice! And plus I don't mind I love it.

Reginae:(laughing) yeah I know you love it still the same jay.

Jaylen: Yea you know me I can't switch up on my first love.

Reginae: (looks at him in confusion )

Jaylen: basketball Reginae .

Reginae: oh haha you know sometimes I be confused. But do you even have a first love other than basketball?

Jaylen: mhm nah not really. It's always been me and my ball . I've dated one girl but I wouldn't say first love.

Reginae: oh hmm. I would've thought you had thousands of girls on you and you have like a lot of girlfriends.(laughing).

Jaylen: man really?

Reginae: yeah

Jaylen: well yes there are a lot of girls on me and trying to get at me but i wasn't never interested in them. They are all just groupies and only want to talk to me because I play ball and I have a good chance of actually making it.

Reginae: yea I feel you. Good thing you have your head on straight and you remember to not get distracted.

Jaylen: oh of course. But what about you Ms. Carter?

Reginae: boy what about me?

Jaylen: you questioning me about my love life how about you? I mean you did move so a lot has changed.

Reginae: nothing really I had one boyfriend named Josh.(looking down kicking her feet) I actually liked him a lot he was on the football team he was a year older we were on and off a lot. But he was kinda toxic he always wanted to argue and fight 24/7.

Jaylen: mhm what a shame I hate when people want to argue 24/7 where he at now?

Reginae: college playing football.