❥ good friend or lover? 『s. sasuke』

Game: Ikemen Sengoku (Cybird)
Character: Sarutobi Sasuke

I slowly come up behind Sasuke who seems so engrossed in the book he's reading. He seems to not notice me and that's the perfect thing.

"Hey, Sasuke!"
I put my hand on his shoulder and yell out his name to surprise him. I could see his shoulders tense a bit but his expression is unchanging.

"Y/N, can you please stop surprising me like that?"
He heaves a sigh and close his book as he corrects his position to properly confront me.

"Hehe, sorry~ Just thought of doing that."
I giggle happily at his reaction. Then, I slowly open my eyes and look at him with a smile still etched on my face.

"Why don't you take a break first? You've been studying for hours now. If you keep on with that habit of staring too long at your books, your vision will worsen you know?"
I laugh heartily at what I said but he doesn't seem affected.

"The same goes to you. You're wearing glasses yourself. Though I'd say your reason for wearing it is a bit different. To the kids out there, it's not good to stare at your gadgets for too long or you'll end up like Y/N here."
He suddenly turns away from me and look at the front as he said this.

"Who're you talking to?"
I sweat drop at what he just did but he only shrugs as a response and said no one.

"So, what do you want to talk about?"
He finally turns back to me and look at me with that serious gaze. His face makes it harder for me to actually say what was on my mind.

I keep quiet and just stare at his face for a long time. I then slowly leans in to his ears and whisper,

"You've just been tricked, you history nerd."

I look at him while sticking out my tongue and quickly took off running...but he manages to catch me first.

"Uh oh."
His face is hang low, a reaction that I didn't expect.

"What exactly do you want to say? Spill."
His expression is serious. He knows I was lying.

"...It's fine. We still have tomorrow, right? Besides, the teacher is coming."
I silently thank our homeroom teacher who comes at just the right time and Sasuke's hand let go of my wrist.

~~**~~

The next day

"Ok class, listen up. I have an unfortunate news today. Apparently, L/N-san is going to move to a new town because her parents got a new job there. Today is her last day."
The teacher gestured for me to come in front and I did as asked. I keep a smile plastered on my face. Murmurs from the other students could be heard clearly but I couldn't really make out what're they saying. Sasuke who sits at the second row didn't move away his gaze from me as I walk to the front.

"I guess this means goodbye, everyone. I'm sorry for not telling this sooner. I just don't want this thing to be a big deal. I really enjoy all of your companion. I hope we can meet again someday."
I deeply bow in front of them and walk back to my seat at the back. No one says anything about that. I merely avoid everyone, especially Sasuke, until it's time to get home.

Just as I was about to leave the classroom, a hand suddenly grab my wrist.

"Hey, you're just going to go like that?"
I turn back to the voice. As expected, it is Sasuke. He seems expressionless as usual but I could feel his hand is trembling as he holds my wrist.

"What, so you want me to give you a goodbye present?"
I laugh at my own joke but he doesn't seem to take it.

"You never said anything to me. Let me guess. This is what you wanted to say yesterday, is it not?"
I avert my gaze and nod slightly.

"Hey, you're my closest friend. I just don't want you to feel sad or be bothered by it."
I put my hand on his shoulder. As I look into his unwavering eyes, I could feel myself tearing up. I really don't want to be away from him.

"Idiot."
Before I knew it, he already wraps his arms around my body and embraces me.

"....????!!!!"
My mind went blank for a second but when the realization hits me, I got extremely confused and blushed involuntarily.

He breaks the hug and look at me again. Then, he shows me his pinkie finger.

"Promise me we'll see each other again."

I blink several times at him before letting out a slight chuckle. Sasuke never fails to crack an awkward situation with his humour.

"What are we, elementary schoolers?"
Despite saying that, I intertwined my pinkie with him.

"Promise."
We both then laugh at our childishness and walk back home together.

~~**~~

Several years later

"Going sightseeing in Kyoto couldn't get any better."
I tuck back some of my hair that's been blewn by the wind behind my ears as I take some pictures of Honno-Ji.

Honno-Ji was burned down because of Nobunaga's assassination. Apparently, the mastermind behind this one is Mitsuhide Akechi.

«Whew, all those Sasuke's blabbering about history really pays of now. At least I know what happened and don't need the guidebook.»

Suddenly, Sasuke's image come to mind. I unconsciously smile to myself. While I was busy taking pictures, I realised a man in white coat standing behind me. I couldn't help but to glance back and see who is it.

...

I simply couldn't believe my eyes.

That tall, slender figure and that brown eyes, it's definitely him right?

"S...Sasuke!"
I couldn't help myself and hug him tightly.

"I miss you, I miss you, I miss you!"

...

«Why is he not responding?»

I started to sweatdrop at still reaction. I then feel a tap on my shoulder from the back.

"Who are you hugging?"
The person asks and I look up to see...

"What?!"
A stone statue.

"Seriously, where did you put your glasses at?"
I thought I could die of embarrassment. I can't believe I mistook a statue for a person.

«It's true that I forgot to bring my glasses...»

I slowly turn away and look at the person behind me.

"Sorry...Sasuke."
My face blush heavily and he only heaves in sigh.

"Look closely. That way, you won't mistake me for other things again."
He takes my chin and pull his face close to mine. I could feel myself heating up at the close distant that we have.

"Aren't you going to do the same thing to me like the one you did with the statue?"
He opens his arms as if welcoming me to embrace him and I did so.

"Hehe..."

"Why are you laughing?"
He asks as he take a glance at me.

"Well, it's kinda weird. We're not lovers but we're acting like one. I don't think this is what friends do either. What are we actually?"
He didn't answer straight away. He just keep silent for some minutes.

"Sasuke?"
When I look up at him he has a smirk on his face.

"Well, we might not be lovers before...."
He starts to lean closer to my face.

"But we are now."
He then kiss me affectionately. My eyes widen at the sudden action but I finally melt in the sweet kiss.

~Extra~

«...Wait! Aren't we doing PDA right now?!»
Curse my thoughts.

The End

My supposed fic in the otome amino. I just thought of posting it here. 😄