❥ a suffering in exchange for a happiness 『ukyo』

Game: Amnesia: Memories
Character: Ukyo

"Move aside! Move aside! This patient is in a critical state!"

«Huh? Where....am I?»

"I'm sorry, but please don't create a scene here! The patient is in a critical state!"

«Why are they shouting? My head hurts... My body feels light....Am I dying?»

"Don't go! You mustn't leave me! You've promised to stay by my side, right?!"

Amidst all those unfamiliar voices shouting, I could only make out one voice....

The voice of my beloved.

~~**~~
I woke up at the sound of my phone alarm ringing. Time to wake up and go to work I guess. I stop for a moment to think back on what had I saw in my dream a few moments ago.

"There was...a man...holding my hand and smiling happily. Was he my lover?"
I try to remember more about that man but everytime I try to, a great headache will come my way.

I sigh and try to not think much about it. The doctor said so. That it's not good to think much about the memories that is hard to remember.

It'll only worsen my amnesia, after all.

~~**~~I take the usual route to work

~~**~~
I take the usual route to work. I don't remember much aside from my name and family. I had a hard time trying to adjust at the beginning but I started to get the hang of it with the help of my coworkers and childhood friends. They're all very friendly and nice to me.

When I finally reach Meido no Hitsuji, my workplace, I was greeted by Sawa and Mine. I guess we have the same shift today.

"Hey there! Good luck for today too!"
Sawa cheerfully greets me with a bright smile. Mine who was behind her sends me a friendly smile too before proceeding to peek around behind me, as if she's looking for someone.

"Um...Mine, I've been meaning to ask you this for awhile but why do you keep trying to peek around behind me each time I came for work? You've been doing this ever since I started coming back to work again. Who're you looking for?"
I ask the cute girl with a wry smile. She lets out a shocked gasp, as if she's been caught doing something wrong before giving me a nervous smile.

"Ahahaha....It's just, I've always wondered whether your boyfriend will come accompany you to work or not..."
She tries to avoid her gaze from mine. Hearing her answer, my eyes slightly widen.

"You know anything else about my boyfriend?"
I ask her with desperation lingering in my voice. I don't know why but I had this urge that I really need to remember him.

"Oh...I guess he didn't see you after your incident....I wonder if he's away or something."
Sawa mumbles something under her breath but when I ask her to repeat back what she had just said, she just shrugged it off.