Poor Little Rich Girl: 9

I woke up the next morning in a better mood, I think it was because I could hear Luke downstairs explaining one of his recipes to Martha.

Is it weird to think that I feel so much at home here now with Luke and Gloria?

Not bothering to change out of my Pyjamas, brushing my hair or doing my make-up like I usually would, I skipped down the stairs with a grin on my face as I bounced into the kitchen only to be greeted by six pairs of eyes watching me dumbfounded.

"Morning!" I say cheerfully sitting down next to Levi at the table.

"Morning, sleep well?" Gloria is the first to recover.

"Most definitely." I grinned.

"Kitty!" Levi grins pointing the cat in the middle of my pyjama top. I smiled back up at him as he claps his hands.

"Addy, um, breakfast dear?" Martha said smiling warmly at me. "Luke made us Churros."

"Oh, he did! Then yes please." I nodded and looked at Luke.

"As I was saying before," Luke continues bring the attention back onto him. Still feeling eyes on me I look up to see Reese assessing me carefully. He frowned, looking deep in thought. I know we've not had the best relationship since I've been here but the heavy thinking is really weighing down on my mood. Sticking my tongue out at him seems to bring him back. He raises both eyebrows at me, I mirror his expression and he rolls his eyes.

"Wow, I can't believe you learnt to cook by Erin De'Caprio himself." Martha said in awe of Luke.

"Yes, he is such a nice man. His food is delicious."

"It's more then delicious. Heaven sent is more like it." I add in.

"What I would give to eat his food." Martha sighed dreamily.

"Any plans for the weekend Addy?" Jack asks me from the opposite end of the table.

"I was going to show Gloria and Luke around." I said smiling.

"Would you like me to ask Melissa to clean out Rex for you tomorrow?" He asks.

"No, thats ok. I like Rex." And Melissa has already thrown all her other chores in.

"Rex?"

"The horse." Reese speaks for the first time answering Gloria's questions. Gloria gasps and looks at me.

"Mi querido hijo! Usted no ha estado cerca de un caballo desde su séptimo cumpleaños." (My dear child! You haven't been near a horse since your seventh birthday.)

"Gloria swaps languages when she's angry, upset, nervous or in this case, shocked." I explain to the others before answering Gloria.

"Sí, pero aquí lo que tenía que hacer tareas domésticas que se aparte de la familia. Sí, me asusté mucho pero me di cuenta que hay tanto de la vida que yo ignore y soy muy dramatic." (Yes, but here I had to do chores to be apart of the family. Yes, I was scared but I realised there's so much in life that I ignore and I'm very dramatic.) Luke laughs and I glare at him before continuing. "En realidad, yo sólo como Rex. Me sentí parte de esta familia, nunca he tenido que esperar antes de que usted y Lucas." (Actually, I only like Rex. I felt part of this family, I've never really had that before except with you and Luke.)

"Mi amorcito, me siento muy orgullosa de la persona a la que están cambiando. Yo sabía que algún día nos gustaría ver el auténtico usted una vez más ante todo la presión subió encima de usted." (my sweetheart, I am so proud of the person you are changing back into. I knew one day we'd get to see the real you again before all the pressure got on top of you.)

"Tanto drama." (So much drama!) Luke cries laughing.

"Garçon stupide." (Stupid boy.) Gloria mumbles.

"Sorry." I say looking at the Jenkins who look utterly confused.

"Is Melissa up yet?" Jack asked when everyone went back to eating.

"I don't know." Martha sighed. "I don't know much about her now-a-days. She's changed so much." Martha said more to herself then the rest of us.

I looked down knowing Reese was staring at me accusingly. I haven't done anything, Melissa changed all by herself....right?

"I think I'll go get change." I muttered pushing my plate away and standing up.

"When your ready, maybe we can have that discussion." Luke said and I nodded.

Discussion. About my father. The one conversation I've been waiting for but not knowing whether I want to know or not.

If only I had access to my laptop, not like it would have helped. My mother's gone to all extremes to keep this from the public eye.

It only took me ten minutes to change. Throwing on some jeans and any top I could that matched my shoes while brushing my hair through once.

I just really wanted to get this over with.

I needed something to distract me from Mason and Rachel as well. Whether it could be a good distraction or not I was about to find out.