Poor Little Rich Girl: 18

"Hey, Fliss is still really pissed off at you. Well, I think it's more towards Reese liking you instead off her actually but she blames you anyway." Jazz said sitting down next to me at lunch on the following Monday at school.

"I gathered." I said spotting Fliss glaring at me from another table. We had come back yesterday from Ryan's cabin and things had been going smoothly.

Reese and I didn't discuss what had happened but we were now getting along, we were slightly more then friends but we hadn't spoken about it yet. Martha just smiled at us when we walked through the door not arguing, I swear it was like she knew eveything that had happened.

"So, how are things with you and Reese?" Jazzy asked. I think everyone knew about us now.

"Good....awkward." I said laughing at my own confusion.

"That answers my question a lot." She laughed.

"I mean, we're getting along really well but it's awkward still after that night." I said turning my head to look at her. She was smiling softly at me like she knew what I was going through. "Do you know what sucks the most though?" I asked looking back at everyone with their friends.

"What?" She asked.

"I didn't want to come here. I hated the thought and I hated it when I arrived. Now," I said shaking my head. "Now I don't want to leave." I said in a quieter voice. "I found myself here. I learnt right from wrong, heartache to happiness, fake from real. It's been a real eye opener for me."

"And that sucks because?" Jazzy asked confused.

"Because the same women who dumped me here is the one dragging me away from it in four days." I sighed.

"What?" Jazzy asked with her mouth hanging open. "No, you can't leave." She shaking her head. "Does Reese know?"

"No." I shook my head. "I just can't....not after..." I stumbled for words.

"Hey, don't worry about it." She said trying to sooth me.

"Yeaah, speaking of, whats up with Mike and Fiona?" I asked.

"I know! They are all over each other." She said just as shocked as I was.

"I figured it would have passed over by now." I said truthly.

"Maybe it's the real thing for them as well." She shrugged. "I'm guessing she'll leave with you though?" I nodded. "I'll have two broken hearted boys then." She sighed. "I'll miss you when you leave."

"Never thought I'd say it but me too." I said thinking back to when I first got here and you'd told me that I'd actually want to stay here then I would have called you crazy.

******************

"Hey who's car is that?" I asked Reese as he pulled up his drive.

"I don't know." He answered squinting to see if he can get a better look.

"Shit, I recongise that car." Fiona said from my other side.

"What, who?" I asked panicking to think that my parents brought a new car or something.

"Carol." One word and I sat frozen. What the hell was she doing here?

"You guys go ahead, I need to put the truck round back and put the horse's away." Reese said pulling up outside the house. We both nodded and got out.

"What do you think she's doing here?" I asked.

"I don't have a clue." Fiona said wearily. We both just stood there trying to wrap our minds for ideas as to why she's here but came up with nothing. Walking into the house, we could hear voices coming from the living room.