Poor Little Rich Girl: 14

"You realise you could be helping me right?" I said huffing after attempting to push the beds apart to make two singles instead of a double. I still couldn't believe Mike. The day had been good though, we settled in, looked around a bit and I ignored Fiona and Mike for the horrible situation they've put me in.

"I could but it's much more fun watching." Reese answered putting his hands behind his head while he made himself comfortable in the old arm chair. I glared at him and threw one of the cushions at him.

"Egh." I moaned falling face first onto it giving up. "I guess we'll be sleeping closer then we'd to each other then." I said lifting my head up hoping it would make it move the beds.

"Fine with me." He said throwing the cushion back at me while walking over to his suitcase. I glared at his back and sat up on the bed and sighed.

"So, you've been wanting to talk to me for a while?" I asked moving back so my back was against the head board. His movements slowed and he didn't answer. "You know, now would be a good time. Any other time you stop because of other people." I said playing with the hem of my shirt.

His back was still too me so I had no idea what was going through his mind at this point. Did he even want to talk to me anymore?

"Reese?" I asked nervously.

"Right." He muttered sighing.

"Maybe another time?" I asked smiling. Knowing I might find out what his problem was after all, kind of scared me. I've never had anyone, not including Carol, hate me so much before.

"Adalynn." He said turning to face me. My happiness faded and I relaxed against the headboard again.

"Fine." I sighed. "On with it." I said pulling my knees to my chest.

"Have you seen pictures of your mother when she was at college?" He asked catching me off guard. I shook my head.

"No. She doesn't do pictures unless they're being published in a magazine." I rolled my eyes. "Why?"

"You look just like her." I laughed.

"The only thing we have in common is our hair colour." I pointed out. "It's the only natural thing about her, everything else is fake."

"Well, before she had all her work done." He corrected.

"I've never seen pictures of her young." I frowned resting my chin on my knees.

"Here." He said handing me a folded peice of paper and sitting next to me on his side of the bed. I opened it up and saw two girls at a party laughing. One of them I recongised as Martha, the other girl was...my mother.

The last time I saw her this free, loose, relaxed and not caring about what others think was....well, I hadn't. She looked like she was having so much fun, I kind of wished that it was me in the picture. I wanted the life she had, not the life she has.

"Wow." I said completely lost in the picture. I don't understand why she'd throw away that life? For what, money? Money isn't all what people think, I mean, Martha's got a good life, she could have had the same. Hell, I could have had real friends and an actually childhood that didn't involve camera's, make-up and that didn't feel staged.

"Sorry." I muttered handing him back the photo. He was watching me intensely again.

"Mm," He shook his head taking the photo. "When your mother met your father she started pushing my mum away."

"The fame got to her head, yeah, I know." I said focusing on something on the far wall.

"I never understood why my mum agreed to this, after what your mum did to her. Your mum never gave her a reason either. I just want to make sure my mum isn't getting used and what not." I turned and smiled at him. "What?" He asked confused.