The Otherworld by punkenby

The Otherworld is a Fantasy novel written by punkenby

Here is the synopsis:

Sonny has been sick for awhile. Whenever one symptom goes away, another one takes its place. But the doctor says there's nothing wrong. Sonny and his family are getting more and more uneasy. Only Hollis, Sonny's best friend, seems to know what's going on. But Hollis thinks it's something darker than just illness is at work. 

My review:

Synopsis: 2/5

There were a few grammar errors and sentences that could be reworded to sound slightly more mature. It alludes to something dark going on which does pique my curiosity and want to know more about the situation. I would maybe revise the first and last sentences both to really pop and stand out, giving us a hook into the story. It has a lot of potential!

Cover: 3/5

The cover is pretty basic so I'm not sure what the connection is between the two trees and the book itself, but that's based on the synopsis and not the book itself. I would suggest maybe making the title higher up toward the top and you definitely should add your username somewhere on it as well; without that, it's an incomplete cover. A book's cover is meant to grab the reader's attention and often will be what makes them decide to read it or not regardless of the synopsis; there are a lot of readers out there who will judge your book by its cover - sad to say - and that will determine if they read it or not. Covers are important! 

This is definitely a unique book that stands out and piques my curiosity. I would suggest it to anyone who likes Fantasy and maybe a bit of Suspense as well. 

Check it out: https://www.wattpad.com/story/161841996-the-otherworld