21|New Jobs

REAL LIFE

(November 28th, 2012)

THE RICHARDS GIRL SMILED AT HER PHONE AFTER READING THE INFORMATION LISA HAD GIVEN HER. After a few days of pure excitement and going over the material she was sent, she was finally seeing about the role in person. She had only heard about it from her manager & it had seemed very promising. The idea of a prequel to the very movie she adored sounded perfect to her sculpted ears.

She had pulled over to check the information on her phone to make sure she was at the correct location. After reassuring herself, she stepped out of her car and walked through the building to be guided to the room where it was being held.

With every step, her heart was beating against her chest forcefully, reminding her of the natural nervousness she always had. She mainly had the thought of whether she would completely bomb the audition or she would make a fool of herself. Hell, she would be considered a fan when it came to the material. Internally, she kept trying to calm herself down, needing to have a clear head for the moment to shine.

"Miss Richards?" A middle aged woman called, immediately grabbing her attention.

"Yes" she replied, confirming her appearance. The woman led her to the room where the writers & producers were, the room to officially audition for the fated role. She stepped into the large room to see 2 men & 1 woman seated at a table with many papers in their grasp. Amelia stood in front of them for only a moment before they had fully noticed her.

"Amelia Richards?" One of the men asks, which she had finally realized was Bryan Fuller. She had seen several of the movies and shows he worked on. You could say she was a fan.

"Y-Yes" she replies, being jittery almost.

"So, before you officially try the lines you were given, what pulled you in? I mean, there is a specific reason right?" He asks.

She gulped at first, not expecting it. Perhaps even a tad scared about her answer. If she had said she was a fan of the books, they might had cancel her out completely, but she had no other answer to reply with. "Q-Quite frankly, Lisa, my manager had investigated it and only really explained it a few days ago. Once she really got into detail of the show and the role, I was hooked. I...actually love the Silence of the Lambs, its a favorite of mine. And after reading some of these lines & material, I fell in love with it. That's what pulled me in, Mr. Fuller" she finishes, feeling as though a slight weight was lifted from her chest.

They all had surprised looks upon their features, expecting an answer on the borders of 'I needed the money' or 'It seemed cool'. "Great answer, Ms. Richards" Bryan says after a moment with a smile.