4: And The Strong Shall Rise

▪▪▪

Day of Challenge

▪▪▪

Lisanna walked through the front doors of the Guild Hall with a small smile on her face. The second the members saw her, they exploded in a uproar of cheers and chants for the Take-over Mage. Lisanna couldn't help but laugh and believe that the fight would be over as soon as it began. The members were all confident in her abilities rather than Lucy's. It was quite strange, to say the least, that almost the entire guild strongly believed that Lucy's magic was inferior. However, strange as it may be, Lisanna didn't really care at the moment - all she cared about was the love and support she was receiving from the members. She didn't even care about the fact that her older sister was not supporting her or that the Third Master, Makarov, was not exactly happy about her behaviour.

Maybe she didn't realise.

Maybe she didn't see that her sister was a bit disappointed in her. She couldn't see that Makarov was tired and upset. She didn't see that not all the members were happy with what happened and what's about to happen. She didn't see that the weaker and lower-ranked members were not genuinely supporting her. She couldn't see that the reason they were supporting her was because they fear the possibility of a similar event happening to them.

Lisanna was completely blinded by her own wishes and desires. The world that opposed her didn't matter, only the world that was willing to walk with her did.

What made Makarov upset was the simple fact that the young Take-over Mage...

Was deliberately blinding herself.

▪▪▪

By noon, all the members of Fairytail had left the Guild Hall and gone to a small clearing, that was a bit away from the guild. Was it to prevent any form of destruction happening to the Guild Hall? Or was it simply because they would rather have a proper stage to withness the two girls battle it out? Lisanna, who was busy warming up in her corner, waved to some of the members who cheered for her in return. They all awaited the arrival of the Celestial Wizard, that had just left home to come to the makeshift arena.

The moment Lucy arrived, the entire place went silent as they eyed her the same way a hunter watches his prey. It shouldn't be a surprise that they looked like they could jump and attack her at any moment and it certainly wasn't a surprise to the blonde to see them stare at her so disdainfully. Taking a deep breath, she walked toward them and watched as they silently made a path for her. She ignored them as best she could and calmly walked to her side of the field.

'Field' might not be right word to use as it might give one the idea that it was a grassy plain with a few flowers here and there; butterflies dancing with wind and birds chirping happily in the distance while the sun adds a natural glow to the beautiful scenery. Wrong! It was a dirt plain mixed with a few visible stones and twigs that were guaranteed to leave more than a few scars on your body and dirty up your clothes. Depending on how rough they get, they might even discover a lot more stones and twigs and muddy their clean clothes to the point were they start to turn brown. Few bruises and scratches; wounds and concussions; broken bones and maybe even permanent scars but hey, that's just the price you have to pay to be a member of Fairytail. The members definitely want to see them slam each other's heads to the ground and bury their faces in the dirt.

However, they won't be going that far... right?

The two girls walked up to their sides of the 'field' and signalled that they were ready. Makarov sighed as his brain finally processed that this was happening and that there was nothing he could do to stop it. He glanced at Lisanna, who had a very unusual smile painted on her face. Makarov couldn't quite understand this smile. Was it a smile a confidence? A smile made to satisfy the guild members? A smile made to satisfy herself? He just couldn't tell but what he could tell was that there was something off about the girl. Makarov then glanced at Lucy, who seemed to be lost in thought. As Macao announced the reason why they were all gathered here, she snapped back to reality and readied herself. Her eyes wavered and it was clear as the bright, blue sky that she did not want to fight Lisanna. He felt bad for the poor girl as he himself didn't want his children to fight.