Chapter 2

~Percy's POV~

'Dam it!' The heat was getting higher and higher as the air was becoming thicker during me fall, which surprisingly only took 1 hour compared to the whole day it took me to get to Tartarus last time. Which is a memory I don't want to remember.

I could finally see the floor of Tartarus and before I knew i- Smash! I hit the ground hard and I grunted due to the pain that was now flowing all over my body. I stood up only to see two titans looking at me while smirking.....

HYPERION AND OCEANUS

"Well, well, well, look who we have here. If it isn't Percy Jackson, the saviour of Olympus, well looks like they finally turned their backs on you Percy." Hyperion said while widening his smirk. "So Perseus do you want to join us now that the gods have betrayed you and left you to die in TARTARUS?" He said. "Never...." I replied. "Why? The gods just turned their backs on you, yet you still don't betray them?" He asked with confusion all over his face.

"I might hate the gods for what they did to me, but they are still better rulers than the titans. So for that I will never betray them!!!" I screamed and charged towards the two titans with Riptide in my hand (I still had it because my ex-father let me keep it) and the battle began.

Slash, dodge, jab, block, punch, stab

We kept fighting for 10 minutes with both sides being filled with bruises and scars. "I didn't know you could fight like you normally do in Tartarus. After all the air is fatal for most outsiders," Said Oceanus as we continued to fight intensely without stopping. "I guess you could say........ I'm full of surprises," I said as I sent my sword right into Oceanus' heart killing him.

I turned to Hyperion saying, "You're next" with a death glare that could scare even Zeus. So we went on to fight for the next five minutes, but it felt like hours until I could finally stab in the throat. Killing him for the time being.

I turned around and was about to walk away until I felt immense pain in my stomach. So I looked down just to see a sword coming out of my stomach. Darkness surrounded me as I began to fall unconscious without being able to identify the person who stabbed me.

~Dream~

I woke up and looked around to see I was in a white room with a dark figure sitting next to..my bed....

"Who are you? And am I in a remodeled version of the underworld or what?" I asked the figure while having no idea of what was happening right now.

"I am Lord Chaos, the creator of the universe and no you are not in the underworld nor are you dead." He said, "But the reason I am here is because I want to tell you a way to escape Tartarus and start a new life, after all you did save Olympus twice."

When he told me that he was Lord Chaos I immediately bowed, but he said he didn't like formalities so I just called him Chaos. "Oh, but why did you choose to save me over all the different heroes in the universe who have had similar fates like mine?" "Ohh no, there has been no hero as loyal and as selfless like you, so I decided to give my personal hero a new life instead of leaving him to die," He said.

"Ok so how exactly can I escape Tartarus this time because I cannot escape the way I did last time I was here?" I asked unsure of what he would say. "Well you see I had a bit of a chat with Tartarus and he agreed to let you and ONE other person to leave Tartarus if you become the Champion of the Pit," Chaos said.

"So how exactly do I become said 'Champion of the Pit'?" I replied with hope on my face as I could escape Tartarus without much torture being done to me like last time. "You need to find a gigantic arena in Tartarus and then you would need to meet the man himself to further dwell on the details of the task," he answered.

"Okay can you now send me back to Tartarus (never thought I would say that) so I can escape it?" I said as to not waste anymore time.

"Very well. Please close your eyes," he said.

~Dream end~

I woke up to see myself in a cave with some person right next to me. I turned my head to see the last person I would think is in Tartarus..........

"Zoë?" I said really confused.

"In the flesh."