Chapter 5

~Percy's POV (two years later)~

Oh My Gods, I can't believe I finally conpleted my 2 years of 'training' even though it was more like torture for me and Zoë (she was allowed to 'train' with me). Just fighting monsters 24/7 without much sleep. I have to say I did learn some things when it comes to sword fighting, but most of the things they 'taught' me were things I already knew.

Zoë and I had also developed a closer relationship with each other. We weren't dating, but were like unbreakable magnets because we fought together, had fun together, basically did everything else together. I have to admit I do have a little bit of a crush on her......

OK FINE, I have a huge crush on her and I just don't know how much longer I can keep myself from attacking those lips, but us escaping Tartarus is the most important thing right now and we cannot let anything get in the way.

So I am currently locked in the bathroom next to Zoë and my bedroom (if you were wondering then yes me and Zoë do sleep on the same bed, but we got used to it after 2 years) because I am anxious about the battle I had against Tartarus and Zoë kept banging on the door trying to get me out.

"PERSEUS JACKSON!!!!! Get your puny ass out here so we can get out of this hell hole!" Zoë yelled. "Ok, ok I'm coming out, but promise me you won't crush me to death," I replied. "I will think about it." I sighed and opened the door only to get squeezed into a hug and let me tell you even after 2 years her hold is still powerful.

"Good luck Perce."

"Why thank you m'lady for your gratitude," I replied. "Don't get too cocky Kelp head amd come on you have a duel to win," she said. "Alright Zo let's go and kick some Tartar-ass," I replied.

~TimeSkip to arena~

I got my sword ready and checked all pieces of my armour that I had on just as the countdown started.

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Fight!!!!!"

And with that we charged at each other wih both swords in hand ready to slice the opponent's head as soon as we even touched each other. I have to admit that the fighting is really difficult because of the air in Tartarus.

So I did get used to the air, but it still kinds kills you on the inside and that is a major downfall for me soo yah.

Tartarus had started off offensive so I decided to play defensive as I know I'm almost unbeatable in this kind of situation (I know cocky), but this was Tartarus so his strikes were fast and a hell lot stronger than any other titan or primordial I have faced before.

I slowly but surely started to see the pattern in which Tartarus was attacking me in (courtesy of the daughter of Athena) so I blocked each attmept at striking me with defensive maneuvers that used the least amount of energy. The pattern was:

wide strike, stab, jab, jab, backup, lunge attack, roll back

To which I countered with:

Backup/dodge, block, dodge, dodge, wait, roll away, move forward.

We continued this process for another 30 minutes and I could see that Tartarus was starting to tire while I barely broke a sweat. I took this opportunity to offensive after dodging a strike that I would have blocked. Tartarus got shocked for a frame of 1-2 seconds and I used the chance to land a major hit right in his stomach.

After the next 10-15 minutes we both had bruises all over, but Tartarus had more than more me because of my relentless and ferocious offense. I was starting to get tired, but Tartarus was fully sweating which was I have to admit a very funny sight. I knew that I would get tired faster than Tartarus eventually and that after I start sweating the chances of winning are very low.