𝟎𝟏 | 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐀 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐥𝐥

[ 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐀 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐥𝐥 ]

IN THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS, Manhattan was the very diamond of it all - at least in its inhabitants opinions, anyway

IN THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS, Manhattan was the very diamond of it all - at least in its inhabitants opinions, anyway. No doubt with each weather change came all the more tourists, which provided all the more business - and for people on the Upper East Side, that meant money. It was an endless cycle in one of the most gorgeous cities in the United States. Oh, how the natives loved their city.

And on the Upper East Side in particular, resided a witty brunette whom may have loved it more than most. While the people weren't always her favourite, the scenery and views never failed to disappoint - especially when you come from a wealthy family and have the privilege to look out and above the city. Or most of it, anyway.

Curtains were thrown open suddenly, 06:10 on the dot. This was an average time to start your day on the Upper East Side. Work in the week, party in the weekend and sleep when you're dead. But for a particular group of youths on the Upper East, it was party 25/8 and sleep never, exceptions could be made - sometimes.

Though that was only the half of it, today was a very important day. Little did New York know, Serena Van Der Woodson was back in town and not-so-ready to raise havoc. But we're getting ahead of ourselves. It's only early in the morning and Scarlett Convel was awake and with only 17 hours and fifty minutes left in the day there was so much to do. The girl stood in front of the wall length window. The sun was on the rise and the city was already bustling, just how she liked it.

After a moment of surveying the city below, she turned away abruptly. The teen strode through her room, making her way to the en suite and closing the door behind her. Listening silently, minor chaos could be heard throughout the large residence - from who could only be detected as her brother. With an acknowledging roll of the eyes, Scarlett stopped in front of her bathroom mirror, ruffling her hair as she observed her own appearance. 

Silk bedding was always a winner when it came to hair care and the teen's non-matted curls were there to prove it. Green eyes scanned over the pale skin of her face, on the look out for potential blemishes. Once she decided all was well, Scarlett leant into the shower, twisting the knob and watching the shower head spring to life, water rushing out flawlessly.

Quietly, she slipped off her blood-red satin babydoll and hung her bathrobe on the door hook. Heaving a small sigh, the girl stepped into the shower base and closed the glass door behind her. The Convel girl allowed the hot water to hail down onto her, tilting her head back to allow her hair to be fully soaked. Thank God for water pressure. It was unusually silent on this particular morning, par her brother's usual ruckus - not that she particularly minded.

The girl quietly hummed to herself as she thoroughly massaged her shampoo into her scalp, allowing it to wash away after being certain of having clean hair. Conditioning her hair took a little longer, running her fingers through her locks carefully to make sure she'd caught every strand. After having washed her body and face, the teen simply allowed the water to stream over her, enjoying the hot water until she decided it was too much, twisting the tap off.