𝟎𝟗 | 𝐁𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬

«⃣   »⃣

«⃣ »⃣

𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘜𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘌𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘚𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴. 𝘉𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘭𝘺 𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘯𝘰 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦. 𝘐 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘚 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘉 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘰𝘯 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘢 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴. 𝘚𝘊, 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥, 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘕 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘊, 𝘴𝘭𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘘𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘴. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘥𝘶𝘨 𝘶𝘱. 𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘴. 𝘟𝘰𝘟𝘰, 𝘎𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘱 𝘎𝘪𝘳𝘭.

«⃣ »⃣

The Convel residence was eerily silent for a weekday morning, unless of course you include the buzz from the outside world, ever present within the city and it's buildings — apart from extremely expensive sound-proofed walls, of which could be found upon the Convel's townhouse's fourth floor, in the acoustics room.

Within the relatively empty building, sat by herself at the island in the kitchen — rarely used for eating on unless the likes of Scarlett or Greyson were home alone and found no reason to drift to the dining room, was Scarlett, picking away at what little breakfast she had in front of her.

Interrupting Scarlett's peace was the sound of sharp leather penny loafers on the floor, indicating Greyson had finally taken initiative to getting out of bed after his late arrival back the previous night. Hardly glancing up as her brother entered the room, Scarlett popped a raspberry into her mouth. "How was golf?" She inquired, texting away on her phone as she did so.

"Tiring." Mumbled Greyson in reply, appearing plenty tired despite his smart and fastidious appearance. The boy wandered past his sister, opening the beverage refrigerator in search of a bottle of water.

At the sound of her brother's jaded tone, Scarlett raised an amused eyebrow, her eyes flickering from her phone to Greyson — unable to help but tease. "Such a hard life golfing, Greyson." She pouted, raising her eyebrows disparagingly. "Perhaps you shouldn't choose to live yours as an old businessman with multiple accusations of sexual assault against him." She mocked in referral to the oh-so-typical stereotype.

Sniffling quietly, Greyson screwed his face up as he untwisted the bottle cap, shooting Scarlett a sparing look. "Dad plays golf." He pointed out, Scarlett rolling her eyes at the hypercritical literalism. To be fair, he had a point — Though it was hardly as though he had to put much thought into her jab so much so as he could of brushed it off.