𝟎𝟔 | 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐬

[ 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐬 ]

𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘 : 𝗔 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 :-)

«⃣ »⃣

𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘱𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘩 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘺𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘹𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥. 𝘓𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘺, 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘠𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘵𝘦 — 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘑𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴, 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘰'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨. — 𝘟𝘰𝘟𝘰, 𝘎𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘱 𝘎𝘪𝘳𝘭.

«⃣ »⃣

The day was passing in a blur — the Juniors having spent the afternoon flying through interviews and preparing which decorations to be hung for the mixer. But, the school-day had finally come to an end — and it was a good job it had, given Scarlett may have ripped Kati's head off had she showed her another strip of yellow bunting or tacky lights that she suggested should be hung for the festivities.

However, Scarlett's job was mostly done for the week. She'd weaselled out ushers and supervised the majority of function decorating and had just enough time to cancel the week's honour society meeting so she could meet with her father and hopefully defuse the situation with her grandad — who she'd been informed by Greyson had taken Eli out for the day, meaning her father had a free slot.

With a huff, the girl texted away — phone in one hand and tray of coffees in the other. She'd have called Caroline, but the poor woman was no doubt tending to her mother's plans for whatever she'd done that day. Scarlett was texting with Nate, allowing the boy to complain about his burden of being chosen as the Dartmouth usher, with no offence to her Grandfather.

Neither Scarlett nor Nate were aiming for him to get that usher position — truth be told, Scarlett didn't even know how it happed, given he would be ushering an English Literature professor and as the two had discussed, he was awful at it. It was her job to highlight the interviewees strengths, or at least have the rest of the honour society do it for her. She'd pegged him for Princeton or Harvard for his high grade in athletics, given it was one of his best attributes.

Though, men's soccer was Dartmouth's strong suit which would fit Nate nicely — but he didn't want it, and that was fine by Scarlett. "Scarlett, hey!" A voice called, the brunette stopping dead in her tracks — her head snapping up to look at Serena who was headed her way. Scarlett's expression turned from one of annoyance to confusion, the girl slowly snapping her phone shut and slipping it into her coat pocket.