𝟏𝟎 | 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐄𝐧𝐝

[ 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐄𝐧𝐝 ]

𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘: 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝗮 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿

𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘: 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝗮 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿. 𝗘𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗰𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀: 𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝘆𝘂𝗹𝗲. 𝗔𝗹𝘀𝗼, 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗰𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗶𝘁, 𝗜 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗮 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝘂𝗸𝗸𝗮𝗵.

«»

While the other girls in attendants to Blair's sleepover got the privilege to frolic around Manhattan as they pleased, Scarlett found herself growing bored at the thought of dealing with Nate's business. But he'd do the same for her, well, maybe not quite to that extent — probably because she wouldn't be in the situation, but partially because he wouldn't know how to deal with it and end up panicking.

But still, despite her own wishes Scarlett found herself in a godawful nightclub where the music was too loud and off-key for her to stomach and the people were too intolerable for her to stand about there all night. Eli would love the place, of course — it wouldn't be too shocking if he were lounging around somewhere, truth be told.

Surveying the darkened room, Scarlett rolled her eyes. Now bars, bars were fine — clubs, on the other hand were far too over the top, noisy, and beyond obnoxious. There was no class in it, only disgruntled sweaty bodies that risked ruining the fabric on her shoes with humidity — and that just wouldn't do. But clubs suited men like Carter just fine, so the sooner she could fix her friend's mistake, the sooner she could leave.

The man was easy to spot, sat at the bar with a sickly smug look on his face — almost as though he hadn't had his whole 'bankrupt the Archibald kid' plan dismantled. His suit would look expensive to the average person, but the stitching wasn't quite right for a personal tailor and the blazer didn't sit quite right — Carter running on hard times it appeared, and if he ran out of pride as well as money, he might've been smart enough to run home to mommy and daddy.

As Scarlett approached, she let a distaste be known with a judging up and down, one that Carter took no notice of, of course. "Glad you could make it." He commented, surveying the girl shamelessly. "Dressed to impress, too." He added, the brunette letting out a huff as she shoved passed him, taking a seat at the bar.

"We're getting this over with quickly." Scarlett announced, perching her small handbag atop the bar counter. She'd been there before, briefly, but it was hardly a regular spot. "Your usual?" Carter hummed, Scarlett almost quirking a smile — the last time Carter had seen Scarlett her 'usual' had been a cherry-lime margarita, and while Scarlett was nostalgic of them, they were hardly her go-to now.