Apologies

1st Person P.O.V  

A monster, a monster,

I've turned into a monster  

Present

"You think you know pain, he will make you long for something as sweet as pain"  the same thing rings over and over in my mind as I lie on the white linen bed, opposite to the desperate god. 

"Please Y/N, just tell him, Asgard might be old-fashioned compared to the technology of Midgard but we have the magic, we have the torture weapons used to create pain in gods!" Loki pleads from a distance as I pay no attention, simply hearing the voice over and over again.

The moment that I had come back from the interrogation, I was thrown back into the cell with Loki as the guards explain my schedule in the torture room and timidly tells Loki that I am not to eat off of his meals as I am on a starvation sentence. At first, he nodded, not giving a damn about me or the guards, until they were out of earshot that is. Ever since then, he had been nagging me about just telling Odin about the stone, he even had questions himself about it but hid it among his pestering.

I was too wrapped in my mind to notice the silence, I suddenly look around, had he left? The raven-haired man who was across the room from me at first was now in the armchair to my right, a few feet away from me as I heard him whisper, "I am sorry."

My eyes widened as I failed to hid my sense of shock, never, not in the years, I'd known him had I heard him spell out those 8 letters (WDW reference for some of you ;)). I was so focused on the words that I didn't understand the meaning. I thought he simply meant sorry for the fight beforehand so as shocked as I was, I elected to ignore it. Loki had predicted my move and backed away before I even had a chance to turn away. 

The silence fell over the room as we both spoke in our minds, creating even more pain than if I was speaking to someone, because our minds, mine specifically, is the most dangerous place to be alone.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A/N

Really short and uneventful but I promise I have a point to this chapter. Also sorry about not posting on Friday, my wifi was acting up so I wasn't able to post, but I'm posting both of them today for you all!