Chapter 2

The next day, Stuart wondered around the forest looking for shelter. He was hungry and needed water. He kept searching but, had no luck, he kept thinking about how he left Kevin to die. Could he have saved him? Stuart kept walking until he heard a noise behind the bushes.

"Hello?" He shouted.

There was nothing but silence.

"Hello, is anyone there?" He said once more.

"Hi' said a voice.

"Who are you?" said Stuart.

The guy popped out from behind the bushes that he was hiding in. It was Bob.

"Bob! It's you!" screamed Stuart.

"Stuart, you survived!"

They began to talk about what they have been doing since yesterday, when Gru attacked.

"I'm looking for shelter" said Stuart

"Well you're in luck, I just came from an underground shelter."

"Underground?"

"Yes, years ago a group of people made an underground shelter named Proctor. They made it for emergencies just like this. They have food, water, defenses, and much more. They can help take care of you. The shelter is secret though, you can not tell anyone since, we don't want Gru to know about Proctor. If he finds out then there is no hope."

"I understand" said Stuart.

"Good'"

"Where do we go?"

"Down that path to the right" says Bob while pointing.

The two begin to walk down the path carefully as they do not want to alert dangerous animals or, even worse, the crust creatures made by Gru. There is a fallen tree in the middle of the path. Both Stuart and Bob climb over the fallen tree

"How long until we get there?" Stuart asks.

"We'll get there soon, don't worry"

"Alright"

They take a turn to the left.

"Wait" Bob says quietly.

"What?"

"Quiet, look over there."

There was a crust creature over there, with pointy blades for arms and a deformed body. Bob and Stuart slowly try to sneak away before being noticed. The crust creature looks over at them.

"Oh shit, he sees us!" Screamed Bob.

The crust sprints after them. The two stand their ground against it. Bob slides around the crust and leaps onto the back of it. He continues to pound his fist into the crust's back. He is quickly shaken off and falls on his stomach. The crust starts swinging at Stuart which, Stuart continues to roll and dodge.

"Hold on, Stuart, I'm getting up"

Stuart attempts to push the crust away but gets smacked down to the ground. The crust keeps pushing onto him, and trying to overwhelm him. Bob starts to choke the crust, giving Stuart enough time to get up. Stuart starts to punch the crust in the face repeatedly. The crust shakes around and starts swinging rapidly. It hits part of Stuart's leg.

"Ahhhh"

Bob grabs a giant, sharp tree branch and charges towards the crust. Bob thrusts the branch through the chest of the crust. The crust screams loudly. It lays there dead.

Bob goes over to Stuart. There is a cut on the side of his leg, he was bleeding but, it wasn't a major wound.

"I didn't get away fast enough" Stuart says.

"It's ok, I'll help you to the shelter, it is only 5 more minutes of walking." Says Bob.

"Ok, hurry, this really hurts."

Bob picks up Stuart and starts to walk down the road.

"Almost there" Bob reassures Stuart.

"Why did Gru do this?" Stuart asked.

"I don't know, maybe I don't want to know."

"It couldn't just be random"

"Knowing Gru, I think it's possible he is killing for no reason."

"I think that is very unlikely." Stuart argued.

The entrance to the shelter was in sight.

"Look, the entrance is over there" said Bob.

"Where?"

"Behind the rocks, over there." said Bob.

The two walked slowly over there and approached the entrance.

"Open the entrance!" Bob screamed

The rocks slid away and a huge tunnel was revealed with a man in front of it.

"Robert, this is a friend, he is wounded." Bob said.

"Bring him in, we will patch him up." Robert said.

Stuart is brought down the tunnel where a huge area of different facilities were. Stuart is brought to the Nursing area, and separated from Bob.

"See you later, Stuart! They are going to help!" Bob said.

"Stuart?" asked Robert.

"Yes, he is a friend, he got hurt by a crust creature so I brought him here." Bob said.

"The wound didn't look that bad from what I saw when he came through the tunnel." said Robert.

"He should be fine"

Robert calls everyone to the table and shows them on a board the number of casualties that have stemmed from Gru.

"According to what we know Gru has possibly killed up to 90% of the world population."

The people around the table are in shock. How could Gru do such a thing?

Gru is now at one of the crust bases managing his army.

"Currently, A majority of the world population has been destroyed, Only a small portion of the people killed have been stuffed in the crust though." Gru said.

"Gru, there are definitely pockets of people hiding in places, and we need to find them and turn them into the crust. We need to get more crust soldiers, especially if we are going to invade other planets." said Nefario.

"Nefario, Any people that we discover, I guarantee you, will be shrekt."

"I believe that they will." says Nefario.

"Get the troops ready just in case they set up bases and we have to attack."

"I will do it immediately, sir."

Gru looks out of the window, looking at the world he is turning the Earth into, he smiles proudly. Nefario goes to the barracks of troops that Gru has and gets them ready just in case they find a base.

"We need to be prepared, especially if Nosy's resistance invades." Gru says.

Gru gets up and paces around, thinking of the future possibilities of what he could do.