Chapter 6

Everyone looked in horror at what they just saw in the video. A minute of complete silence passed through the room.

"What are we—"

"Just don't say anything Angela, I'm going to go outside, I need some fresh air" Damon said.

Damon walked away.

Stuart went up to Robert, who was just sitting there.

"Stuart, I don't know if we are going to be able to get through this."

"Robert, I know losing Bob was a huge loss, but we need to keep having hope."

"I know."

Stuart looked around the room.

"Wait, where is Tom?"

"Um, he is probably still outside, being helped by the nurses, if I had to guess." Robert said.

Stuart walked near the entrance.

"If anyone wants to come check on Tom, you can!"

Groups of people came out to check on Tom, since he had an injury. Tom didn't know that Bob was dead.

"Hey Tom." said Stuart.

"Hey, I'm feeling a lot better." said Tom.

Nut Man walked up to Tom.

"It's good to see you doing well" said Nut.

"I appreciate it."

"Do you know when you will be able to hunt again?"

"I would say, probably in about"—A bullet flies through Tom's throat—"What"

Tom falls to the ground dead.

"What the fuck!" Bearded shouts.

"Get the fuck down!" Shouted Nut.

Shelter members were running back inside, while others found cover. Nut started to look around, trying to scope the area.

"What the fuck just happened?" asked Nut.

"We have to be quiet" whispered Bearded.

Stuart ran into the shelter.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

"Where are the shots coming from?" Bearded asked.

"Multiple directions." replied Nut.

Shots continued to be fired.

Bang!

Bang!

People rushing into the shelter were dropping like flies.

Bang!

"We need to do something." said Nut.

"I only have my axe."

"I have a gun, but we need the resistance soldiers to come out first." Nut said.

Soldiers bunched up near the entrance of the shelter, ready to rush out and find the crust shooting. They all ran out, going behind any cover they could find, some soldiers were being picked off from a distance. Hundreds of crust began to run out of the forests surrounding the shelter. Some crust began shooting while others, decided to use melee, and rushed at the resistance soldiers. The resistance soldiers were getting a lot of crust down though. People had better aim than the crust. The fight continued and more and more soldiers, and crust began dropping to the ground. The crust had no cover though, which is where the resistance was at an advantage, in the battle.