Chapter 3

The next day...

"Will he be okay?" asked Bob.

"Yes he should be fine, and he should be able to be up and running very soon." said one of the nurses.

Stuart's eyes begin to open.

"Oh, he is awake" The nurse said.

Stuart sits up and, touches the bandages wrapped around his leg. He looks around the room as he positions his body in a place he is comfortable. He looks to his left and sees Bob and the nurse looking at him. Robert walks over to ask a question.

"Can you walk fine?" Robert says.

Stuart gets off of the bed and was perfectly standing.

"My leg is sore but I'm fine." Stuart said.

"Then you can hunt."

"Wait, I have to hunt?"

"Yes, we are going to make you join one our groups of hunters in the shelter, we need any food that we can get." Robert explained.

Stuart is told to go into the next room where the group of hunters are waiting for him. Bob and Robert continue to talk while Stuart leaves and goes into the next room.

"You have to go on your mission tomorrow" Robert said.

"Yes, I know, I should be back within 5 days. I'll make sure to bring enough food and water on the trip." Bob said.

"I would ready the supplies now for tomorrow."

"Alright, alright, I will, you don't have to give me instructions for everything"

Bob goes to the storage area to get the food for the trip.

Stuart opens the door, and sees 3 men standing in the center of the room. They are chatting while he walks up to them.

"Hello, are you the hunters that I am supposed to join up with?" Stuart questioned.

"I'm guessing you are Stuart?" said the guy with the beard.

"You are correct" Stuart replied.

"Good to meet you Stuart, I'm Bearded."

"Bearded?" Stuart asked.

"Yes, my actual birth name is Bearded Man." He said.

"Your parents sound like The Burger for naming you that."

"My dad actually is The Burger." Bearded said

"No way, you're lying, you have to be."

"I'm not, I actually have a family photo, let me go get it, in the next room" said Bearded.

"Hey Stuart, I'm Nut Man" Nut Man said

"Nice to meet you Nut Man" Stuart replied.

"Bearded and I have the same last name, but we are not related. We had completely different parents. His dad was The Burger, and both of my parents were literal talking giant nuts." Nut explained.

"Cool"

"Nut" replied Nut Man.

"Who are you?" Stuart asked the man next to Nut Man.

"I'm Tom" he replied.

Bearded had walked back into the room with a photo in his hand. He stops, and turns his hand. He raises his arm to show the picture of his family to everyone in the room, wanting to see it. The photo brightens up the room so much they couldn't see. It was too bright and too powerful. The Burger was too majestic, that even a picture of him could blind you. After, minutes of even trying to see what was on the picture, Stuart could see a blur through the blinding light. What he saw would change his life forever, he could see The Burger clearly, and he had never seen such a great and beautiful life form.