Chapter 8: Scolding Of A Lifetime

"You didn't eat breakfast." Taehyung notes softly in my ear as we all head into BigHit. I give him a small frown.

"I'll eat later." I tell him quietly as we follow the others. He frowns in response but doesn't say anything further about it as the boys lead us to one of the practice rooms.

"Are you excited, Chae?" Jimin asks happily as we enter the room, waiting for Manager Nim to come collect me. I bite my lip, faking a smile. I don't want to disappoint him and let him down.

"Yeah, a bit." I lie, looking around the spacious room. Yoongi is quick to start messing around with Jungkook and Hoseok once Namjoon puts music on. I smile watching them all mess around, feeling my nerves ease slightly at the pleasant sight.

"I'm glad to see you all could make it on time. Chae, if you'll please come with me, we can get started. Boys, you know what you need to be practicing." Manager Nim announces when he enters the room.

All of the boys sigh but quickly pull themselves together to get to work. They all give me big grins though and wave, Tae giving me a small thumbs up with a sympathetic smile as he knows how nervous I am for this.

Waving in return, I follow Manager Nim out of the room and off to another practice room where another couple of high up looking people are waiting. I swallow the nerves as I follow him in.

"Alright. So. First, we'd like to see what kind of talent you've been hiding from us. After that, I'll bring you to my office and we'll talk some more things over." He informs me before sitting with the others.

"All we want you to do at the moment is come up with a dance to a song. Okay? Whatever feels right to you for the song. We'll give you three songs." He informs me.

Taking a deep breath, I nod and take my place in the center of the room. Dropping my head, I let my eyes wander over the new shoes waiting for the first song to come on. I feel like crying though, when they play Forever Young by BTS.

Mentally shaking it off, my eyes stay on the floor most of the time as I move my body to the music, knowing the meaning behind the lyrics thankfully as my moves join the sound and beat of the song to the meaning behind the lyrics.

After that, they play District 9 by Stray Kids. I feel slightly less embarrassed to dance to that one since it's not like I'm living with that band or anything. The last song they play is Ddu-Ddu Ddu-Du by BlackPink.

By the time I've finished the three songs, I'm definitely feeling the soreness in my muscles from this mornings workout.

Bowing to the three of them, Manager Nim then leads me out of the room and down the hall to his office. When we walk in, he motions for me to sit down as he sits opposite me across his desk.

"Alright. So, we do need to figure out what you're going to be majoring in for college. I'd like to get that sorted out so that you can be starting on Wednesday this week. You definitely have your own form of talent though. That much was clear in your dancing." He informs me. I nod in response, quietly thanking him.

"Do you possibly have an idea, if we go off of what I'd suggested last night, what you might be interested in going with? I'd like to explain for a moment though. Obviously, I pointed out degrees helpful for those working at BigHit or any entertainment company for that matter.

"Due to having you living with your brother and the band, I'd like to try and make it so that you can stay with them as easiest as possible. If you're interested, I'd like to try and get you a job or two here at BigHit so that you've got a better opportunity of that, even if it isn't necessarily working with the boys. Would you be interested in that?" He explains. Giving him a small smile, I nod.