Chapter 43: Back To Seoul

"Taehyung! Oh, it's so good to see you, sweetheart." A woman greets when Tae knocks on their front door. She instantly pulls him into a hug, causing him to let go of my hand so that he can hug her as well.

"And who is this beautiful young lady, Taehyung?" A man asks with a kind smile as he appears behind the woman. Tae grins as he looks over at me, taking my hand in his.

"Mom, Dad, this is Lexi. My girlfriend." He answers, his happy gaze not leaving me for a good few seconds before he looks back over to them.

As I return my gaze back to his parents as well, I get mixed feelings about this. His father has a content look on his face while his mother's expression is... less welcoming. Annoyance, disgust, and boredom are written across her face as she looks at me with a less than enthusiastic expression.

"Please, come in. Dinners almost ready. I'll go get your siblings, Tae." His mother says, looking directly at him before shooting me a glare and walking away. I bite my lip, trying to control my emotions as Taehyung half drags me into the house with him.

"TaeTae!" A small girl and a small boy shout as they come racing down a set of stairs that we're near. However, they get halfway down them before the girl trips, eyes wide as she begins to fall forward. Not even thinking, I reach out quickly and pick her up before she can hit the stairs before her.

"T-Thank you." She whispers shyly as I set her on my hip. The two of them don't look any older than probably six or seven. I just give her a small smile and nod before setting her down.

"Looks like those mother instincts are kicking in already." Tae murmurs softly in my ear as I stand back up. I feel my face heat up almost instantly as I gently smack his arm, him simply chuckling in response.

"Hyejin, Hyunjoo, this is my girlfriend, Lexi." Tae introduces me to the two seemingly shy children. They both smile up at me though.

"You're very pretty, Noona." Hyunjoo tells me with a grin.

"And very kind." Hyejin softly adds with a small smile as well. Taehyung wraps an arm around my waist with a happy and content look.

"Thank you, both. I think you're quite mistaken. The both of you are much kinder and both very beautiful and handsome." I compliment. Tae kisses the side of my head, causing me to look over at him in confusion, only to find him smiling. Mentally shrugging it off, I look back at the two to find them both blushing like crazy.

"Kids! Dinners ready!" We suddenly we hear Tae's father call. As Tae moves to grab my hand in his and lead me to the dining room, I get an uneasy feeling in my stomach for how this dinner is about to go.

As we sit down at the dining table, I'm seated next to Taehyung and a girl I've not yet met on the other side of me with his parents directly across from us.

"Oh, Lexi, this is my other sister, Minsae. Minsae, this is my girlfriend, Lexi." Tae introduces me to the girl on the other side of me. I give her a small smile and bow my head but she simply rolls her eyes with a quiet scoff.

"So, Lexi, was it? That's not much of a Korean name. Where did the two of you meet?" His mother questions as we begin eating. I glance over at Tae in question as to what the hell I'm supposed to say.

"Her full name is Park Chaemin. She's actually Jimin's sister, Mom. However, she grew up in the States and used Alexis as her name there. Lexi for short. We met through Jimin hyung thankfully." Taehyung awkwardly answers for me.

"Oh? And how does Jimin handle your relationship? We've met him plenty of times. I would imagine he wouldn't be too thrilled with the two of you being together." She responds, keeping a judgmental eye on me the entire time.