Chapter 42: Actually Here

Taehyung POV

Biting my lip nervously, I force myself to look up at her. I can see the fear still swelling in her eyes, though it's now mixed with confusion from my muttering.

"Lexi...I... Baby, you're the most important person I have now. You mean more to me than I ever could've imagined when I first met you. You're the best thing that's happened to me since I got put in this band and became friends with the boys. You make me happier than what I've felt in a long time and you always manage to make me happy and feel better about everything just by being you.

"Baby, you're one of the most selfless persons I've ever met. You're unbelievably kind and always considerate of others. Things that I've always come to admire about you. I can actually be myself with you and you're one of the few people who I know actually love me for my real self, not the person I have to be on camera and on stage. The only person I've been able to have just as much fun with no matter what we're doing, just as much as if I'm messing around with the guys.

"Lexi, I... I love you so much, baby. You've been a better person to me that what I ever could've imagined. And I can't repay you ever for all that do for me and the way you're always able to make me feel. There's not enough words in any one language that could express how sorry I am for the pain I've put you through this week, baby. I didn't realize how distracted I was getting. The only reason I was so distracted, is because of this." I manage to get it all out, having to drop my gaze a couple of times before bringing it back up to her.

She's already crying at this point, but the confusion is still far too evident in her eyes. Knowing I've gotten this far though, I know I can't freeze up now as much as I'd rather run and hide away under my bed covers like a little kid afraid of the monsters under his bed.

Taking a deep breath, I shakily get down on one knee. She watches in confusion, one hand wrapped tightly around her cup of tea while the others placed on the side of her face which is probably due to a mix of confusion and being tired. However, the confusion is instantly erased and replaced with surprise, free hand moving to cover her mouth as her tears begin falling faster when I pull my hand out of my pocket with the black box.

"Lexi, baby, I'm so sorry for being distracted this week. I can't lose you though, baby. Will you please marry me?" I ask softly, feeling my own tears well up as I open the box and look up at her nervously. I can feel my hand and arm completely shaking, not certain that my entire body isn't shaking at this point, as I look up at her and wait for her response.

Though, I don't wait long for an answer. Hand still covering her mouth, she squeezes her eyes shut as she nods her head and begins crying harder.

It takes a second for her response to actually register in my head, not knowing whether to believe this or if my eyes are playing tricks on me. However, as it occurs to me that this is in fact reality, I'm quick to get onto my feet and pull her into a tight hug. She doesn't hesitate as she's careful with the cup of still warm liquid as she wraps her arms around me, continuing to cry as I begin crying myself.

"I love you so much." I murmur softly, burying my face into her neck once more. She giggles softly, still holding me tightly.

"You're an idiot, Kim Taehyung. I love you too." She giggles quietly. I chuckle, pulling away as I wipe her tears away. Leaning down I quickly give her a soft kiss before pulling away and taking her hand in mine to slip the ring on her finger.

"Umm, Mr. Kim, I do believe you forgot one important detail." Jimin states seriously as he stands up. Looking over at him, Lexi moves to my side as she looks over at her brother as well, my hand naturally sliding around her waist as I hold her to my side.