Chapter 25: Both Of You

Taehyung POV

"So how long do we have while Stray Kids run through their set?" Jimin hyung asks Namjoon curiously.

It's been a week since we got to the states and we're currently now in New York, the day before our first show here. Though, we've got practice today so we're currently at the arena, the nine of us hanging out in Namjoon hyungs dressing room since it's the biggest out of all of ours.

Jimin, Jungkookie, and Lexi are on one couch across the room from me where I'm sat with Hobi hyung and Ara on my other side. Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jin hyung are all sat on the third couch in the room on the one next to ours. Lexi's currently leant up against Jimin, curled into his side a bit as she glances over at me occasionally.

I give her small smiles when she does, but she barely manages to return them. She's mainly still been hanging more with the other band than us this past week but nobody's questioned her about it yet. Though, I know it's more so because she's still working on trying to be around us again, still not quite comfortable with having Ara around or around me for that matter.

"Probably a few hours. They need their time to run through their set properly just like we need longer than what we're on stage for half the time." Namjoon answers.

"Baby, maybe we could go explore New York City together for a while then. I've not gotten to be here before and I've heard great things. We could make it like a small date, just the two of us." Ara suggests, leaning into me even more as she takes my hand and entwines our fingers, leaning up and kissing my cheek.

I catch Lexi indiscreetly squeezing her eyes shut as she looks away from us. It's been so much harder having to stand being around Ara this last week. All I want is to be able to be around Lexi and show off our relationship the way that Ara tries to do with me, with our fake relationship.

It kills me every time Ara does this, emphasizing everything so much more whenever Lexi's around. Purposely hurting her and I hate seeing Lexi in so much pain. Hate being the one that's causing it.

"Maybe another time. I'd rather just stay with the boys and Lexi right now. We only got into New York yesterday and we're going to be here all week anyways." I disagree, keeping my eyes on Lexi the entire time. She looks up at me hesitantly, giving me the tiniest of smiles.

"Baby, we've got hours before that other band is done. We could easily just go and wander around. Besides, you live with the boys and see them every single day. I think it'd do you some good for us to just go out on our own for a little bit and sightsee together. Plus, I heard going sightseeing with your significant other helps strengthen the bond of the relationship." Ara says, trying to persuade me as she kisses my cheek again.

"Ara, no." I tell her with a sigh, looking down at her. Though, she simply takes it as a chance to finally reach my lips with hers.

Having enough of this, I don't hesitate in shoving her away from me. She looks up at me in surprise, along with everyone else for that matter.

"That's it! I'm fucking done with this! Ara, we aren't fucking together and I don't like you! You've been nothing but annoying and problematic since you got here! I told you to stop fucking trying the first night you got here and you've done nothing but keep pushing and trying!" I yell at her.

Walking away from her, I go over towards Lexi. Grabbing her by the hand, I pull her up as I begin to head for the door.

"I'm done pretending to be with someone I don't fucking care for. Stay the hell away from me, Ara, and you better stay the fuck away my girlfriend." I snap with a glare before dragging Lexi and I out of the dressing room and out of the arena altogether.