sick

Summary: Louis is sick and Harry gets to take care of him

The other boys will be making a short appearance (short because this is Larry after all). Hope you guys like this chapter!

When Harry woke up, Louis was still asleep. He looked over at his sleeping boyfriend, expecting to see the usual adorable, peaceful look on his face, but today Louis' face was contorted in pain, and his cheeks were burning red.

  Harry placed his hand on Louis' forehead and immediately took it back - Louis' forehead was burning.  "Oh no," Harry muttered to himself. He quickly got out of bed and ran downstairs to the kitchen to make some chicken soup for Louis. While the soup was simmering, he quickly got his phone and called Niall. 

  "Why're you calling me so early?" Niall's sleepy voice said. "This better be good, I was having a good dream just now."

  "Louis' sick. Can you go to the store and get me some medicine?" Harry asked one of his best friends. 

  "Um, yeah, sure!" Niall said, voice more awake and alert. "I'll be at yours in ten."

  "Thanks. I'll pay you back. I owe you one!" Harry quickly hung up and ran upstairs to their bedroom to check on Louis.

  Louis was still sleeping. Harry quickly got a thermometer and checked Louis' temperature. "103.1°? Oh no...." Harry mumbled when he saw the results on the thermometer. He pulled the blankets off Louis a little bit and stuck a cooling pad on his forehead in hopes that Louis would feel less hot. 

  The doorbell rang, and Harry went downstairs to let Niall in. 

  "How's Lou doing?" Niall asked, placing the medicine on the dining table. 

  "Not sure. He hasn't waken up yet," Harry said, shrugging. "He has a pretty high fever, though."

  "Can I do anything?" Niall asked. "Does he need food or something?"

  "I've got chicken soup on the stove, but yeah, you could go ahead and get some food. Just don't eat it all on the way here!" Harry called as Niall headed out again. He went to the kitchen to check on the chicken soup, and when it was done, he ladled it into a bowl and carried the bowl, a spoon, and the medicine up to their bedroom. 

  "Hey, Lou, wake up," Harry said, nudging Louis. He set the chicken soup and the medicine down on the nightstand and sat down at the edge of the bed. 

  Louis groaned and rolled over. 

  "C'mon, Boobear, you gotta eat your medicine and things." Harry nudged Louis again. "You've got a high fever."

  Louis turned to face Harry and his blue eyes were half-closed. "No wonder I feel terrible." 

  Harry helped Louis sit up and fed Louis the chicken soup and the medicine. "Go back to sleep," Harry said after Louis had swallowed everything. "Niall's went to get some food, I'll wake you up later."

  Louis obediently lay down again and began snoring. His phone rang, so he picked up and walked out of the room so as not to disturb Louis' sleep.

  "Hey, Harry! I've got food, and I've also got Liam and Zayn," Niall said over the phone. 

  "Why would you bring Liam and Zayn?" Harry asked. 

  "Well, I'm quite hungry so I bought a lot of food... I couldn't hold it all so I called them over," Niall explained.

  "Niall, you idiot," Harry said, smiling. "See you."

  When Harry saw the boys, he doubled over laughing. Their arms were piled up with food, and they couldn't see where they were going.

  "How's Louis doing?" Liam asked as the boys placed their loads on the dining table. "Has he woken up yet?"

  "Yeah, I gave him chicken soup and medicine but now he's asleep again." Harry looked through the food that the boys had brought. "Did you guys just get junk food?"

  Niall shrugged as he grabbed a cheeseburger. "Junk food is good for the soul."

  Harry snorted. At that moment, Louis came stumbling down the stairs. All the boys immediately ran towards him. Harry got there first and picked him up in his arms before Louis could fall over.

  "What are you doing out of bed?" Harry demanded. "You're supposed to stay in there. Your legs are so weak you'd probably trip and fall over the stairs."

  "I just wanted to get some water," Louis said, voice dry. "My throat hurts."

  "You can ask for me to get it for you," Harry said, carrying Louis back to their bedroom. 

  "I'll get the water," Liam said, going into the kitchen.

  Harry set Louis down on their bed and tucked him in. "Don't get out of bed unless you really need to, okay?"

  Louis sniffled. "But you guys are downstairs and I'm getting lonely here."

  Harry patted Louis' head gently. "Don't worry, I'll come upstairs and stay with you once the boys are gone, okay?"

  Liam walked in with the glass of water. "Do you need anything else, Lou?"

  "Nope," Louis said, taking the glass. "Thanks, Liam."

  Niall and Zayn came upstairs as well. "Well, Harry, I guess we can go now," Niall said. "Call us if you need anything!"

  "Get well soon, dude," Zayn said to Louis. "See you around."

  The boys filed out, and soon they heard the front door close. Harry waited until Louis finished drinking the water, then crawled under the covers with Louis and put his arms around his boyfriend.

  "Don't do that, you'll get sick too," Louis said, trying to push Harry away.

  "I don't care," Harry said. He didn't care about getting sick - he only wanted to spend time with the love of his life. He pulled Louis closer and kissed Louis' fluffy but sweaty hair. "Do you wanna watch some movies?"

  They spent most of the day eating the junk food that the boys had brought and watching romcoms on Harry's laptop. Harry wasn't really the romcom type, but since Louis loved them so much, they had begun to grow on Harry.

  Halfway through one, Louis fell asleep. Harry, noticing this, carefully closed his laptop and gently slid his arms off of Louis. He placed his laptop onto his desk and crawled back into bed with Louis, who woke up slightly.

  "Go back to sleep," Harry said, kissing Louis on the forehead. 

  "Mmmmm." Louis smiles sleepily and lays his head on the pillow. Harry watches him sleep for a while, stroking Louis' hair. 

  "I love you," Harry whispered, kissing Louis' cheek. He then turned off the light and assumed the position of the big spoon, pulling Louis closer.

  Soon, he fell asleep.

  I love sickfics. Honestly I read too many Larry sickfics, but I can't help it because they're so cute. Tell me if you liked it and if you didn't, comment or DM me requests!

  all the love,

  the author x