i'm sorry that i hurt you pt. 1

summary: harry and louis get into a fight right before louis' trip to london

this is based off an amnesia fic i read called as long as i can remember (it's been december) because it was really good and i either don't have any ideas left or don't have any motivation to write the ideas i have (it's becoming increasingly difficult to come up with actually good ideas because i've written so many, so now i've resorted to re-conceptualizing some of my favorite fics)

hopefully it won't be too similar but we shall see. i hope you enjoy this!

  It was a warm, sunny Sunday and Louis was inside painting.

  For his midterm project, he'd decided to paint Harry's eyes. They were something that had always fascinated Louis - the way the light reflected off them, the way they changed colors as Harry's mood changed, the warmth Louis felt when he looked into them - Harry's eyes were mesmerizing and Louis decided they were perfect for his project.

  Recently, Louis had signed up for an online university art class. He'd wanted to study art in uni, but his family wasn't in a very good financial place so he'd decided to study a subject that would more likely get him a stable, well-paying job. However, now that he and Harry both earned a good amount of money, he decided to once again pursue his passion.

  He'd set up his easel in the living room and was sitting on a high stool, paint palette in one hand and paintbrush in the other, humming along to a song playing on the radio as he painted.

  Suddenly, Harry popped up from behind him and screamed directly into Louis' ear, making the smaller boy shriek and drop his palette and paintbrush. The scream was followed by a loud cackle, and Louis turned around to glare at his boyfriend. "Hazzie! That was so mean!"

  "Sorry, babe." Harry did not sound sorry at all as he smirked. "You're just too cute when you get scared."

  Louis huffed and folded his arms, further proving Harry's point. "But I was painting. Now look, you made me get paint all over my clothes!"

  Indeed, Louis' clothes were now splattered with paint. His upper body was protected by the old shirt (stolen from Harry) he wore whenever he painted, but his jeans were covered in green paint. 

  "Oopsie. Well, I'll wash them for you."

  Louis pouted. "What if the stains don't come out? I wanted to take them to London."

  Harry cooed at Louis' pout. "Don't worry, little one. You underestimate the power of laundry detergent and stain removers. Now, c'mon, take your pants off."

  "Wait - I need to go get a new pair first." Louis hopped off his chair and narrowly missed landing on a patch of paint. "I have to clean the floor too," Louis whined. "Hazzie, you're so mean."

  "I'm sorryyyy." Harry, again, did not seem sorry. "You're too adorable and cute and I'll clean up everything if you stop being mad at me."

  "Hmph." Louis began walking up the stairs, with Harry following. "Fine. You're lucky none of the paint got on the painting, or else I'd be very mad at you."

  "Mhmm." Harry opened their bedroom door for Louis and waited by the door as Louis rummaged around for a pair of sweatpants. "Are you excited for London?"

  "Of course!" Louis pulled out a pair of gray sweatpants and took off his paint-splattered jeans, pulling on the sweats. "It's gonna be so fun."

  Even though Louis was just an online student, Louis' teacher had thought he was really talented and offered to let him go to London for a two-week art course along with some of the actual uni students. Louis had, of course, accepted and had been really excited for the trip. Art had always been his passion and he was so happy that he was finally getting the chance to pursue it.