smitten kitten pt. 1

prompt: louis is a little kitten hybrid who is totally smitten with harry

i know several people have requested a fic where louis gets a lot of panic attacks and harry helps him through them but i'm not sure how to write it? i'm not really sure how panic attacks work and i don't want to have an inaccurate portrayal so i'll have to take a rain check on that one.

ages ago, when i first started reading fanfics, i thought hybrid fics were SO WEIRD and i refused to write or read them. one day i actually read one and it was so cute!!! now i love kitten louis, it's like the cutest thing ever and here i am trying to write one, which is inspired by several other fics i've read. hope you guys enjoy it!

(i think i could turn this into a series because it'd be mostly fluff tidbits with the CUTEST KITTEN EVER - what do y'all think?)

  "so, niall fell asleep in class, and the entire class was taking turns balancing things on his head. it was hilarious - even mr. andrews joined in," liam told harry as they entered liam's house.

  "aw, damn it, i wish i was in your history class! mr. andrews is a much cooler teacher than mr. jenkins." harry took off his shoes at the door and his eyes swiveled around until he spotted a tiny kitten curled up on the couch, fast asleep. "awww, lou's asleep."

  "i'll go wake him up," liam said, shrugging off his jacket.

  "don't do that - he looks so calm and peaceful. besides, won't he be upset if you wake him? you know how much lou loves his naps."

  liam laughed, walking towards louis.  "are you kidding? he'll be so upset when he realizes you were here and he didn't get to say hello. he's obsessed with you."

  "i have an irresistible charm," harry joked, taking off his jacket too.

  liam rolled his eyes. "shut up. just because you've corrupted one innocent kitten doesn't mean all the ladies love you."

  "good thing i don't swing that way." harry winked at liam, who rolled his eyes again and shook louis' shoulder gently.

  "lou? lou, babe, wake up." 

  the kitten hybrid made a cute tired noise and tried to push liam's hand away.

  "c'mon, lou, harry's here. don't you want to say hello to harry?"

  " 'arry?" louis' eyes opened and he sat up. his eyes landed on harry, and he squealed, " 'arry!"

  the kitten immediately jumped off the couch and ran towards harry, jumping into his arms.

  harry caught him just in time, and secured his arms around the smaller boy as louis purred happily and snuggled into harry's neck.

  "hey, kitten," harry said, smiling fondly when louis peered up at him with those big blue eyes.

  "i've never seen him that excited to see me," liam huffed.

  louis turned his head to look at liam and stuck his tongue out at him, earning an offended gasp from liam and a loud chuckle from harry.

  "you've officially corrupted him, harry," liam said, shaking his head. "now come on, we can hang out in my room."

  "how about lou?" harry asked, looking at the hybrid who was currently playing with harry's necklace, fluffy brown ears tickling harry's chin.

  liam sighed. "he can come with us, i guess. he'll probably throw a fit if you leave him."

  harry smirked and carried the kitten with him to liam's bedroom, where he plopped louis on liam's bed and seated himself on one of liam's beanbags.