Chapter Six

Sorry for the wait guys, I was away without internet access for a while,

xo Gemini

The clothes arrived about twenty minutes later, folded neatly and tied with twine; which I tied around my wrist, in case of emergencies. The clothes were a pale blue peasant skirt, a white blouse and a pair of white stockings. There was also a pair of dark-wash jeans, which I opted for. Once I'd changed into my outfit, I peeked out the window. It was the same view as always, the back of some burly guy's head. I sighed and tapped a bare foot on the cold floor. I'd have to mention how bored I was. Though they'd probably just look at me and wonder how I had emotions. I sat down on the floor, cross legged, and tried to figure out why they would invite me to a dinner after my 'childish behavior'

It was a few minutes later when the door opened, and Doctor C stepped through, the unavoidable piece of blue fabric draped over his arm.

After I had been guided through to the mess hall, and my blindfold removed, I was seated next to Subject C. We sat there in silence. All the staff was waiting for us to make the first move, to speak the first word. I shifted my weight in the chair, moving forwards so my toes would touch the cold floor, instead of dangling just above. Silence still reigned over us when the brought dinner in, chicken and potatoes on china plates, and red wine in long-stemmed crystal glasses.

Again, everyone waited for us to move first, their silverware untouched until ours were in our hands. their food uneaten until ours passed our lips. It was insane, like they were dining with the queen. I'm sure that if we stopped eating, everyone else would too. We'd been eating for a few minutes when Subject C broke the silence.

"I see they made you change too," He said casually. Or, it would have been casual if his eyes hadn't been flickering around, taking in information, and accessing it. I simply nodded, wondering where he was going with this. After he had spoken, everyone in the room broke out into mindless chatter, though it was easy to see that they were still listening to us.

"Did they offer you a skirt too?" I said sarcastically when I caught him staring at my jeans.  He rolled his eyes, which instantly flickered to a space just above my shoulders. I cringed as I heard the pencil scratching on the paper; More documentation of my personality.

Subject C and I didn't talk much after that, we just ate (or in my case, picked at) our food. At the end of the meal, when they were walking us back to our cells, I realized something. I still hadn't figured out the purpose of that dinner.