Chapter one

Natasha's POV.

"Nat! Hurry and pack your things, we've only got twenty minuets till the train leaves." I sigh and pack my wand and the rest of my stuff into my bag before picking up the two animal cages and putting them on a small cart. One was a sleek black cat I called sherlock and the other was a grand, black owl with red and purple feathers here and there. She was called widow. "NATASHA ROMANOFF!" I groaned. "I'm coming mom!" I may live in England, but my mom and I have American accents due to the fact we moved because of my Hogwarts: school of witchcraft and wizardry letter which would only come if I lived in England. We lived here for four years before I got it. I was a halfblood witch, you see, mom being a witch and dad being a muggle. He got a shock out of that one. I pushed everything down the steps of our large flat and out the door. Widow hooted in shock of the bumpy stairs and I rolled my eyes. She makes lots of noise at the simplest things. Mom says that's a good thing, but I disagree. Mom pushed my trunk out the door and I carried sherlock and widow out to the elevator.

Once we got to kings cross, mom started tearing up. "Oh mom, it's okay! I'll come back for Easter!" I couldn't come back for Christmas because moms job at the ministry causes her to go to Korea every Christmas. She smiled at me. Suddenly a boy who was about my age, carrying a fake bow and arrow, ran past. "Robert!" A girl yelled, presumably his mom. "Mom!" The little boy behind mystery archer yelled. "Clint's trying to shoot me!" The archer boy looked down. "Clint! Stop terrifying your brother! Now come on, we can't miss our flight back home." Based off of their accents, they were from America like me. But they were just visiting. "Sorry for bumping into you. I'm Clint, by the way." "Oh, it's fine. I'm Natasha." He smiled at me, but then his mom pushed him out if the way. I smiled at his back. "Go! We need to get to the express." Mom said, the tears long gone from her eyes. I sighed and and walked through the wall quickly, making sure no one could see.

I stepped on the train, pushing my trunk and my animals up with me. "Hoot!" Widow hooted and people stared at me. "Ummm..." I quickly ran off to the back, hoping to get an empty compartment. None. I reached the very last compartment and saw there were two boys, one with dark brown, almost black, hair and another with ginger hair. I recognized the boy with brown hair as Harry potter, an old friend of mine from grade school. We were both bullied in school, him because of his cousin and me because of freak things that I could do. I never meant to, people just thought I was a freak. "Harry!" I said. "Natasha? You never told me you were a witch!" "You never told me you were a wizard!" We smiled at each other. "Oh. Ron, this is Natasha, we went to muggle school together." The ginger one, Ron, smiled at me. "Hi! Ronald Weasley." I smiled. "Natasha Romanoff. But most if my friends call me Nat." Harry made room for me to sit and I scooted in next to him. "Hoot!" Widow hooted loudly, causing sherlock to jump awake and hit the top of his carrier and hiss. I pulled sherlock out of his cage and he curled into a ball on my lap. "You have two pets?" Ron asked. "Well, Widows mother and father belonged to my parents and they had widow when I was about five, and my mother bought sherlock for my birthday last year-" "Trevor! Have you seen my toad, Trevor?" A chubby boy with crooked teeth asked, running up to our compartment. "No sorry we haven't-" "hey! Your Harry Potter!" The boys said. I knew of Harry defeating lord Voldemort, but I never told him anything, considering he knew nothing about the wizarding world. I smiled at Harry's embarrassed face and the toad boy ran away. "As I was saying, I got sherlock for my birthday-" "have you seen this boys toad? He's lost it and he's going around to every compartment to look for it." "Um, no sorry." I said again. "Oh no, that's fine. Can I sit here, there's no where else to sit. She sat beside Ron. "Hi. I'm Natasha." She smiled at me. "Hermione Granger. And who might you be?" She asked Harry. "Harry Potter-" "I know you! I've read about you!" Harry looked a bit embarrassed again, and I giggled. "

And... Who are you?" She said, a look of disgust on her face at Ron, who was stuffing his face with food. I chuckled and Ron glared at me. "Ronald Weasley." He said, mouth still full. "He... Pleasure." She said. Ron just rolled his eyes and went back too eating.

"Harry potter!" Professor Mcgonagall said. Harry nervously stood up and walked towards the chair with the sorting hat in it. The sorting hat would put you in one of the four houses, Slytherin, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, or Hufflepuff. I personally wanted to be in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, my mother was in Ravenclaw and Ron's family along with Hermione went into Gryffindor. "GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled after a minuet. "Natasha Romanoff!" Professor Mcgonagall shouted. I walked up to the stool and sat down as Professor Mcgonagall put the hat in my head. "You'd be great in Slytherin. You're very cunning a sly, like a Slytherin should be, but you've also got a certain spark of bravery that I have to take into accounts which would mean Gryffindor. But you terribly smart, which means you'd do excellent in Ravenclaw, but large area of loyalty makes me want to put you in Hufflepuff..." Before I knew it, five minuets had passed. Many people gasped and others eyes widened. I was a hatstall. A Hatstall is when the sorting hat takes five or more minuets to sort you into a house. Professor Mcgonagall and Headmaster Dumbledore gasped. This hadn't happened in over fifty years. Not since Professor Mcgonagall attended, where she became the second hatstall in existence. I groaned. "Hurry up!" I thought. "Okay okay. What house do you WANT to be in?" It asked. I thought. " either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. My mother was a Ravenclaw and my friends are Gryffindor." He thought for a minuet. Then another. Almost fifteen minuets had passed. Oh no... I was the longest hatstall in the history of Hogwarts. I saw many professors and the headmaster take down my name. I sighed. "Okay okay!" The hat said. "Gryffindor!" I sighed and got up. My knees wobbled as I went to sit at the table beside Harry and across from Ron and Hermione. All eyes, from Gryffindor or not, were on me. Slowly, the Gryffindor table started clapping. It got louder. "We got the longest hatstall in the history of Hogwarts!" A pair of twins that looked to be related to Ron shouted. I blushed. The clapping dies down. "Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts. I hope you all-" I tuned out until it got to the last few parts. "Two things- one, the forest surrounding the castle is forbidden to anyone and everyone, unless under certain circumstances where you will have permission to go in. Also, no one is aloud on the third floor corridor unless they want to die a painful death. Now, we eat!" The plates filled with tons of food. I smiled, but only took a piece of bread.

Back at the Gryffindor common room, i immediately went to the first year girl dormitory, determined to get a good four-poster bed. I wanted the one against the wall with black sheets and a few red and gold throw pillows. Once I sat down, my things apparate quickly. I set my trunk up on the bed and put widow in her overnight cage, and I also let sherlock go free. He refused to leave my bed though, and when I went to change into my pajamas, he refused to leave my side. I sighed and quickly changed Out of my robes and into my pajamas. Once I took my tie off I almost screamed. Instead if red and gold like it should have been, it was red, yellow, black, gold, green, silver, blue and bronze. All the house colors! What?!" I quickly ran down to Professor Mcgonagall's office, which was right outside the common room, as I'd seen another girl do who was on the house Quidditch team. Probably just a question about tryouts. "Professor! Look!" I showed her my uniform and her eyes widened. "Natasha, right?" She asked. I nodded and her eyes went wide. "Oh my..." I stood awkwardly, realizing I was in only a white button-up shirt and a pair of fuzzy shorts. I fiddled with my hair. "We need to go see the headmaster..."

A/N- hi guys! I just wanted to say hai.

Leave all of your comments and questions about the story by commenting

Here ➵ ➰

Vote, comment and follow! Peace out.