Chapter five

In what felt like the blink of an eye, almost two months had passed. Harry, Ron and Hermione had been in my room multiple times and we all agreed it was a good meeting place for... Anything, really. Hermione and Ron bickered a lot. But wh, you get used to it after a while.

"Oh come ON Ron! I am NOT give you my notes! You should have taken them! And plus, if you cheat off of me, how will you learn?" Hermione. And Ron argued for a while, Harry and I groaning and rolling our eyes almost in-sync. (A/N- N-Sync in a sink) Hermione glared at Ron. "Why don't you ask to look off of Tasha's noted? She's second in class!" I blushed and Ron looked at me pleadingly. "No, Ron!" I said. He huffed and stormed off to the great hall, where dinner was about to be served. Harry rolled his eyes. "I'll go after him..." I nodded. Harry left and that's when I noticed Hermione. She looked to be on the edge of tears, her eyes red and she looked very stressed. I patted her arm. "It'll be okay, 'Mione." I assured her. "No it won't. You guys are the only friends I have, and Harry will take Ron's side and with enough persuasion, Ron will maybe convince you a-and-" she started to cry. "I'll be all alone! Just like in grade school!" I sighed and hugged Hermione. "It's okay, 'Mione. Harry's stupid, but he's not Ron-stupid. He'll stay in the middle. He sides with you and Ron. And I'm not getting in the middle unless it gets bad. Now come on. It's dinner time. "

On our way to the great hall, we talked about loads of stuff. About how tomorrow night would be the Halloween festival and how we couldn't wait. Then we reached the great hall. It was already half decorated, with live bats swooping around. One tried to come near me and land in my hair, but with one swift punch, the bat was writing on the floor in pain. Hermione looked at me, shock on her face. "Woah!" I looked around and saw many people- even the strongest people in Hogwarts, like Cedric Diggory and Oliver wood- are having trouble fighting off the bats. I laughed and we walked over to the table, sitting near Alecia and Angelina, two Gryffindor third years who Hermione had become friends with. Id heard of them, but I didn't know them very well. Fred and George came and sat with us, George obviously drooling over Angelina. I could tell from her reaction that she had fancied George as well. Fred and I laughed at them as the awkwardly tried to make conversation without blushing. Hermione looked distracted though. "Hermione? Earth to Hermione?" I. Waved my hands in her face and she jumped. "Sorry." She blushed. I looked at where she was staring, longingly. Harry and Ron. "Do you want to go sit with them? We can..." She shook her head. "I'm still mad at Ron, remember?" "Ah." I nodded. Fred looked confused. "Why are you mad at Ron?" "Because he's an idiot." Hermione said, venom in her tone. "Because, they disagreed on something and he was being annoying." I explained to Fred. "Ah." He nodded. We finished our and headed back to the common room.

"It's LeviOsa, not LeviosAR. Who cares?! She's a babbling know-it-all, Hermione." Hermione. And I trailed behind Ron, and Ron said. pushed past Harry, crying. I ran after her, shoving Ron down on purpose. "Babbling idiot!" I yelled and ran after her. I finally found her crying in moaning myrtles bathroom and tried to comfort her. "Go... Thee Halloween feast starts soon..." She said. I stared at he and could tell she wanted to be alone, so I left.

"A troll! In the dungeons!" Professor Quirrle said before fainting. Percy led us up to the common room and i panicked. "Hermione! She's still in the girls toilets!" I said. Ron, Harry and I all ran down to where she was. Suddenly a large creature wobbled out in front of us. It tried to hit me with his club but I did a flip over it and hit him in the knee with my foot. He groaned and leaned against the wall. "The knees. A trolls weakness." I whispered nick-dramatically. The troll howled and ran into the girl lavatory. "Hermione!" I ran in after the troll and heard Hermione scream. The troll had picked her up! I hit it in the knees again and he fell to the ground, slowly trying to get up. Ron suddenly came behind him and grabbed him in a choke hold, making the large, ugly creature gasp for air and Harry lodged his and up the trolls nose and he fell unconscious. "Miss Romanoff! Miss granger! Mister potter! Mister Weasley!" Professor Mcgonagall yelled at us. "I-it was all my fault." Hermione stepped up after Mcgonagall finished her rant. Hermione talked about how she thought she could go up against a troll by herself and Ron, Harry and I must have followed her. Professor Mcgonagall gave us all detention and we groaned. She rolled her eyes at us and we walked up the steps. "See you guys later. I'm exhausted." They walked into the Gryffindor common room and I walked down a few random corridors to mine. There was a tall man at my door and I walked closer to see... Headmaster Dumbledore? "Y-Yes sir?" I asked. "Hello, Natasha. I have something for you." I nodded. "What, sir?" He held up a blank canvas. "Paint whatever you like on here. Once you're done, please hang it up. It will tell you of the password, which will be changed every other week." I nodded and he bid me goodnight, turning to walk back to his office. I stared at the black canvas before stepping into my room, no longer tired. I was ready to paint.