Chapter Six

I painted the boy at the train station, Clint, I think his name was. I painted him with a bow and some arrows and suddenly the picture came to life. Clint tried to shoot off into the distance and I giggled. He looked at me and grinned. "Would you like a target?" I asked, not expecting him to respond. He nodded. "Yeah... That would be really nice!" I fgiggled and drew him a large target and a large barrel of arrows. He smiled at me and I quickly drew in a pastel background and that didn't move. I smiled and hung it right where Dumbledore told me too. When I walked into my room, I saw a note on my bed.

"Dear, misses Romanoff.

I need to see you in my office urgently. I'd get you myself but I'm quite busy. Please hurry."

-Professor Mcgonagall.

I quickly rushed to her office and sighed. She opened the door. "Miss Romanoff. I have some.. Terrible news. It's your mother...."

I sat in my room crying. She was dead! That was impossible! She couldn't be! My mother, the one whom loved me through everything! All that I had left! I sighed and fiddled with the necklace u snatched from Professor Mcgonagall's office. I sniffles and examined the necklace. It was a large golden chain with a small circle in the center of the necklace. Inside that circle was a little golden timer and I put it on, then walked into the bathroom. Today was going to be a long day.

Four months had passed and we were halfway through the school year. The necklace still remained tucked underneath my robes. No one knew of my mothers death, of course, no one would care. I didn't talk with Hermione and the others as much because they always seemed so busy and so much more interested in whatever they were doing. I became very closed off and depressed after her death. No one ever seemed to care though.

On a happier note, I'd discovered something. Is been reading a book is found in the library when u stumbled upon a chapter about how to become an animagus. It seemed easy enough... All I needed were the ingredients after all. They were average stuff, a majority of which I had. But a few things I did not. Like the heart of a former animagus... But I'm sure professor Snape had one somewhere. Is been sneaking into his secret supply a lot lately.

When the potion was finally done, after a month of brewing, I took it. I knew that taking it was a big risk, but once I took it once, I could do it freely whenever I want. I sighed. "Bottoms up." The slimy- yet clumpy- liquid slid down my throat. I made a face and slowly fell to the floor. I felt my self changing. Then I felt my nose grow and my legs turn smaller. I grew a bit from the ground and sprouted a tail. I walked around a but and found I was very flexible, and had razor sharp teeth. Now time to test the mirror. I hopped up and saw that I was a large, yet slim, deep red and black fox. "Awesome-" I tried to say put it came out more like "Yip!" I transformed back into a human and smiled widely. I could now go anywhere! This was amazing!

"Who's there?" Asked a shy voice. Hermione. "It's me, Tasha." Hermione gasped. "You need to leave!" She growled. I sighed. "Fine. I'll go." 'Not like you need me anyways' I thought. I walked out and sighed. In the empty hallway I felt so... Alone. Yeah I may be alone physically. But that's not it. I felt alone emotionally. Hermione didn't like me, Harry and Ron never talk to me, and they were all I had here. But then my mom died, and I lost it. I was all alone... With no one. I told Clint the password and he let me in, not before asking where I'd been. I sighed and sat on the bed, boer sky turning the hourglass charm on the necklace id swiped from Professor Mcgonagall's office. One... Two...... Forty nine.. Fifty! I stopped spinning and Hermione walked In. Suddenly the room started to spin. "Natasha!" Was all I heard before the darkness consumed me.