Chapter 7: Comfort

TOMS POV:
I woke up with (Y/N) snuggled in next to me and my arms around her. I sigh, knowing what I have to do. I slowly shift my arms off of her and gently get out of bed, as not to wake her up. I notice she has Tords shirt on as I adjust the blanket to cover her. I bite my toungue and keep my composure, at least until I got out of the room. I put on my hoody, stepping over all the shopping bags. I make my way to the living room, my anger brewing as I see Tord and Matt on the couch, watching some video on Tords phone, while Edd was in the kitchen. I walk passed the living room, going into the kitchen to get myself a cup of coffee, pouring a little bit of smirnoff in the mug. It's too early to be so angry. 

"Tom, are you okay?", Edd asked, watching as I spike my drink.

"I just... need something to take the edge off.", I explained. 

"You just woke up. Is this about (Y/N) going out with Tord?", he looked so dissapointed in me. "It's not that big of deal.", his words hit me like a brick.

"It wouldn't be such a big deal if he didn't do this shit.", I take another drink, "Every girl I find interesting, he ends up swooping in and fucking her.", I groaned, pouring more smirnoff into my mug, making the coffee stronger. 

"I'm surprised you still brought her around him, if that's the case.", I nearly spit out my drink, "It's almost like you expect it.", the accusation that I let it happen pisses me off slightly more.

"I don't come to the kitchen for therapy, Edd. I come here to eat and get wasted.", I explained, leaving to sit on the couch. Next. To. Tord. I continue to sip my smirnoff flavored coffee. I watch the TV, tunning out the dumbasses in my ear. It's like everyone is on his side. Even (Y/N). I mean with the thousands of dollars of shopping bags on my bedroom floor, why wouldn't she be. My vision starts to blur until I see (Y/N) walk out of the hallway, wearing her hoody and a pair of sweatpants. She seems upset, briefly glancing at the couch before walking passed us to the kitchen. 

YOUR POV:
I walk into the kitchen, the smell of bacon in the air. Edd's in the middle of cooking breakfast, and pour myself a cup of coffee and sit at the table. 

"Goodmorning, (Y/N). Are you alright?", Edd asks, taking a seat next to me. 

"I realized two things last night.", I explained, "Tom's an angry drunk and Tord's no good for me.", I sighed. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Interesting breakfast conversation.", he smirked, "The realization you might not be interested in them.", he brings over everything to make pancake mix. "Also, Tom only drinks because he's angry."

"I mean, I still like him.", I explained, "I just wish he'd relax a little."

"Without the help of alcohol... yeah. This house would be a lot more peaceful if that'd happen. There'd be a lot less tension between them.", he smirked as he whisked all the ingredients together. "You could help him with that."

"Me? How?", I questioned. 

"Well, he clearly cares enough about you. At lest more than he cares about most people he's known for four days.", he gets up and turns on the stove and butters a pan. 

"I guess you're right.", I sip my coffee. He pours the batter into the pan.

"And I could take a guess over why Tord's no good for you.", he rolls his eyes, turning his attention back to me for a brief second. Does he know? Do they all know? I keep my mouth shut and continue sipping my coffee as a bead of sweat drops from my head. I'd rather not think about it. 

"Reguardless of how confused they make me feel, I'm be grateful for y'all letting me stay here until the rest of my stuff gets here.", I smile. 

"Oh, it's no problem.", he begins flipping the half cooked pancakes. "I mean, you've been really nice company."