28

It was an oddly quiet ride back to Annabeth's house. When Elliot pulled up in front of Annabeth's house, Killua was already waiting outside for Annabeth. She pulled off the helmet and handed it back to Elliot.

"Thank you for the ride and letting me stay with you for a bit. I really appreciate it." Annabeth said while giving Elliot a small smile. Elliot returned her smile.

"Don't mention it, Tiny. I'll see you at school." he said before driving off. Annabeth walked towards the Killua who was standing there emotionlessly.

"Is Illumi home?" Annabeth asked curiously.

"No, he left with Pakunoda. He said he'd be back later but I'm not sure when." replied Killua. Annabeth nodded.

"Have you eaten?" she asked. Killua nodded. He could tell there was something off about his sister but he couldn't tell. He shook his head.

"I'll make you something to eat." she said with a smile on her face. Her smile fooled the young Zoldyck. He smiled in return.

"Really?" he said with happiness in his eyes. Annabeth giggled a bit and walked inside with Killua right behind her. The rest of the day passed without any sort of hitch. Annabeth was able to get past Killua without him having suspicions about her emotions. The moon was high in the sky when Illumi finally returned. He unlocked the door and walked inside. He looked at the wall clock that read 1:34.

"I doubt any of them are up." Illumi thought to himself as he went upstairs. He poked his head in Annabeth's room to see if she was there. He found her fast asleep. "I wonder when she got back." he muttered. He went to Killua's room and saw that he, too, was sound asleep. Illumi tiredly dragged himself to his room and plopped onto his bed.

The night passed without so much as a hitch. The sun rose to paint the sky a beautiful pinkish red sky. Annabeth slowly opened her eyes. The memory of the picture saved on her phone washed over her mind. She sighed depressingly.

"I wish I could say I could pretend it was all a dream. Easier said than done, I suppose." Annabeth thought to herself, "I don't have to see him until Monday. I sit next to him. What am I gonna do?" She sighed again, "I'll worry about that later. I should probably head down stairs." Annabeth walked down stairs to kitchen. It was dead silent. "Illumi?" said Annabeth. She looked at the table and found a small note.

Went out with Paku. I'll be back later. Take care of each other.

-Illumi

Annabeth sighed in relief. She didn't have to do much to hide her depression from her brother. Annabeth pulled out some eggs and started cooking. She began singing jar of hearts by Christina Perri. "I hear you're asking all around~. If I'm anywhere to be found~. But I've grown too strong~ to ever fall back in your arms~" While Annabeth was singing, Killua sleepily walked into the kitchen and quietly sat down. He listened to his sister sing. He hasn't heard her sing since Kalluto was born. She used to be in charge of getting the youngest Zoldyck to take his naps when he was but a baby. Killua used to sit in the room and listen. "You've learned to live half a life~ Now you want me one more time~"

"I haven't heard you sing in years." said Killua. Annabeth jumped and dropped an egg.

"Kil! Don't scare me like that." she said as she pressed against her chest. Killua couldn't help but laugh.

"Sorry. Where's Illumi?" asked Killua.

"He went out with Paku. I don't know what time he left. I found a note when I came out this morning." said Annabeth. Killua looked at Annabeth. He saw something in her eyes that made him a bit suspicious about his sister.

"Anne, are you okay?" asked Killua.

"Yeah why?" she replied without turning around.

"Is she falling back into old habits?" Killua thought to himself.