45

He hopped on his motorcycle with Annabeth hugging him tightly from behind and sped off to a diner. They pulled into a Benny's parking lot. Annabeth sheepishly followed behind Elliot. "Hi, table for two please," Elliot said. The waitress nodded and led them to a booth. Elliot sat in front of Annabeth.

"Anything I can start you with?" The waitress asked looking to Elliot first.

"Let's see, can I get a coke please?" Elliot asked. The waitress nodded and looked to Annabeth/

"Um, can I get a strawberry smoothie?" Annabeth asked. The waitress nodded and wrote their order down on her little pad. She winked at Elliot and walked off. Her swift movement of the eye escaped Elliot's 'observant' wits. However, it didn't escape Annabeth's. Elliot noticed that Annabeth was staring at the waitress with a somewhat disturbed look on her face.

"Hey, are you okay?" Elliot asked. Annabeth whipped her head back to look at Elliot.

"I guess he didn't notice," Annabeth thought to herself. She nodded. Soon, the waitress came back with their drinks.

"Are we ready to order?" The waitress said happily. Elliot nodded.

"Can I get the waffle?" Elliot asked before turning to Annabeth, "Are you going to get anything?"

"Oh no, I'm okay. I already ate." Annabeth said smiling.

"Are you sure?" I'm paying." Elliot said. Annabeth nodded. With that, Elliot shrugged and the waitress gave him another wink. This time, Elliot noticed. "Now, I get why you were staring like that," Elliot said smirking as he stood up and sat next to Annabeth. He cupped her face and kissed her while shooting the waitress a glare. Elliot smirked as he kissed Annabeth when he saw the waitress's face turn red. When Elliot let go, Annabeth was also a blushing mess. Elliot couldn't help but let out a little chuckle. "Are you alright?" Elliot asked as he smiled at Annabeth.

"I'm okay." Annabeth nodded as she tried to cover her beet-red face.

"Sorry if that threw you off. I wanted her to know I was taken." Elliot said with an adorable, child-like grin that made Annabeth smile in return.

"Hisoka woulda just winked back..." Annabeth thought to herself, "I can't believe Illumi. How could he believe Hisoka over me... Now I have to deal with him tomorrow night."

"Tiny, are you alright? I didn't take it too far, did I?" Elliot asked worriedly. Annabeth quickly perked up.

"No no. That's not it at all. There was something I wanted to ask you but I'm just a little nervous." Annabeth said. Elliot gently lifted Annabeth's head and looked into her eyes.

"You don't have to be nervous. I'm the last guy on earth who'll ever judge you or make you feel afraid." Elliot said as he removed his hands from her face and hugged her tightly. Annabeth smiled. She never knew this sort of comfort from anyone that wasn't family. She enjoyed it.

"Well, my parents are home for a couple of days. They'd like to meet you. " Annabeth said.

"Now why would you feel nervous about talking to me about that?" Elliot chuckled. Annabeth rubbed the back of her head and laughed nervously.

"Well, you won't be the only guest," Annabeth mumbled. Elliot's cheerful look turned into one of confusion.

"What do you mean?" Elliot asked. Annabeth could feel her belly bubble. She hated this.

"Damn it, Illumi," Annabeth muttered.

"Tiny? Is everything alright?' Elliot asked worriedly.

"My mom knows Hisoka is Illumi's friend and..... She invited him to dinner too." Annabeth finally spat out.