Chapter Forty Three - Heading Back

Narrated by Aki 

The war is finally over...Kotaro saved all of us as he miraculously killed Nobunaga with the tip of Nobunaga's own sword. I was so happy to see him, but in my own mind set, I don't think I was ready to take another's life even though my friends and family were in grave danger. Kotaro, Goemon and I are the first to leave the temple. Kotaro holds me close, wrapping his strong arm around my waist.  

Goemon: Hey! I know how you feel, but save it for later!  

He says as he jumps onto his horse. I looked to Kotaro's face and he is blushing. 

Goemon: Take Nobunaga's horse and get away from here! We'll meet at Iga, and you can tell me why Musashi is here.  

Musashi walks up behind Kotaro and I. 

Musashi: It's so nice to see all the ninja's welcoming me with open arms! 

Goemon: I thank you for helping, but regardless of that you kid napped Aki. That is something I cannot forgive... 

Goemon then turns the horse and leaves. Musashi, Kotaro and I then walk further into the woods with Nobunaga's horse. The silence is almost killing my curiosity as I was getting ready to say something Kotaro looks around. 

Kotaro: We should be save here. 

Kotaro stops the horse. 

Musashi: ... 

Aki: Kotaro... What happened...I...I watched you fall... 

Kotaro strokes my hair. 

Kotaro: Musashi saved me. 

Aki: He...what?! 

Musashi: After I left the hot springs. I joined Nobunaga's army, cause I wanted to see the fight with the ninjas. We were on our way to attack Mori, when we were attacked. I snuck after Mitsuhide in the confusion, and when I was getting close to your hideout I ran into this guy. You'll never believe where he was. 

Aki: and you saved him... 

Musashi: Right... He was hanging off the side of the cliff. I helped him down and fixed up his wounds. 

Aki: Musashi...I am so very grateful you saved Kotaro, but why did you do save Kotaro? 

Musashi looks at Kotaro. 

Musashi: He let me off free at the springs. So I figured it was my turn. Plus I don't like owing someone a favor. 

Kotaro: If Musashi wasn't there, I would have died. 

I smile at Musashi then turn to him and bow deeply. Musashi began to wave his arms around. 

Musashi: Ugh! Please don't bow to me, and don't thank me! I just did what I wanted! 

He put his hand behind his head and scratched it.  

Musashi: Please stand up Mrs. Fuma.... 

Kotaro and I look at him with wide eyes. Musashi looks at both of us being super clueless. I giggled as Kotaro nervously blushed. 

Aki: Kotaro and I are not married! Well at least not let! 

Musashi: What?! I could have sworn you guys were by the way he looks at you. 

I giggled as Musashi blushed slightly then look over to Kotaro. 

Musashi: I live by the sword. You can live however you like. 

Kotaro: ... 

Musashi: Let's meet up again someday, Kotaro. 

Musashi walks away from us as he waves his hand in the air to us.