18

It was a summer night and Will was in his room doing what he liked most - drawing, it took him 3 hours to try to finish that drawing and to be honest he was almost sleeping over his crayons, the longer the time passed, the longer Will’s eyes were getting heavier, until after nearly destroyed all the progress he had made that day - with a scratch in the middle of the drawing -, he decided to lie down. Will took off his t-shirt and lay down without covering himself.

    After a few minutes of lying down, Will heard knocks on his window, as if something was hitting it. The boy - who had been through so much in his life at this moment - stood up and went to the window, with short strides for fear of finding something that was not normal.

Normal, thought Will. - he was not normal, his life had never been moral, especially after the facts that happened some years ago.

As soon as Will arrived at the window, he opened the curtain and almost jumped back in fright when he saw Mike, yes, Mike.

“Mike, what the hell.” Will said, startled.

“Wow, so that’s how do you greet me?” Mike said laughing at Will’s face, which still had a look of astonishment.

“What is it?” Will said gruffly. “You know Eleven doesn’t sleep in this room.”

Mike’s eyes widened.

“Wow,” Mike said. “But I came to talk to you, I wanted to show you something, but I don’t think you want to talk.” Mike said and turned around.

“Mike,” Mike stopped and looked back. “I’m sorry, for real, you scared me and you know, I’m always scared since-…” Mike came close to the window and put his hand over Will’s while he was looking down.

“Will, I’m with you,” Will looked at Mike who was standing in front of him. “And as long as I’m with you, nothing will harm you.”

“And that’s my fear,” Will said, softly, barely audible.

“What?”

“What what?” Will said trying to deflect the subject.

“Whatever,” Mike said. “But I did not come here for this…” Mike reached into his pocket and pulled out a car key, which Will suspected was Will’s father car keys. “Let’s go for a ride.”

“You stole a car?” Will asked, startled.

“Of course not!” Mike laughed. “It’s my dad’s car!”

“What if he finds out?” Will designed. “What if they catch you?”

“They will not, stop being so fearful,” Mike said, turning around and leaving. He stopped halfway and looked at Will, who was standing at the window. “you not coming?”

Will walked into the bedroom, checked the door, grabbed the first t-shirt he found in the bedroom and walked out the bedroom thru the window. Mike was already inside the car waiting for his friend.

“If something happens and I get grounded,” Will said as he got into the car. “You’re screwed, Wheeler.”

“Do you trust me?” Mike said.